RHD CSi for sale at auction

Obsession

Reaction score
Just looking at the auction results - interesting as 3 CSIs were scheduled to be sold.

Looks like this one didn't sell, the Fjord project that had appeared on Ebay and elsewhere made £16,800 and the Taiga one that seems to be for sale everywhere and forever, was withdrawn!

I'm kind of thinking you can sell a project, but these freshly restored cars aren't popular with buyers ...

The Tiaga one is being sold by a bodyshop company.

When I looked at thier website.

The roof skin had been replaced. You could see the welds.

Not the description of being a solid car to begin with.

Doors had repaired lower sections.

It looks nice but I know a large amount of filler and general repair work would have been done to make it look nice... But the substance is flawed in my opinion.

New doors, new roof skin from a donor car and or quarters and what ever else was needed would have to have been done to justify its price tag.

They have a nice line of work "restoring" E9s and I'm sure they look great but it's all in the details for us.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Paul Baker. Went to see him ages ago. One car was 60K just on metal work but the craftsmanship was right up there. Something that was pleasing to the eye.

I'll Google the fast classics you mentioned as I've not heard of them before.

Whichever car I buy. It has to be perfect especially at the kind of prices people are asking.

Whichever car U buy. It has to be perfect especially to you , at the kind of prices people are asking ..

this all depends on your budget !!! Ie

40/60k CSL Cars that need a full restoration , with some OEM parts missing
90/100k CSL buys your a good daily driving car...7/10.. with some rust issues

150k gets you a very very good condition csl ...with very little surface rust ..8/10

180/200k buys you a mint, concours car !!
10/10

and the other csl cars, their condition are in between these prices .. I think ?!

Last edited:

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Th
The Tiaga one is being sold by a bodyshop company.

When I looked at thier website.

The roof skin had been replaced. You could see the welds.

Not the description of being a solid car to begin with.

Doors had repaired lower sections.

It looks nice but I know a large amount of filler and general repair work would have been done to make it look nice... But the substance is flawed in my opinion.

New doors, new roof skin from a donor car and or quarters and what ever else was needed would have to have been done to justify its price tag.

They have a nice line of work "restoring" E9s and I'm sure they look great but it's all in the details for us.

That Taiga CSI they have tried selling for over a year and it’s been to x, y, z auction and not sold ... reason why it has not sold !!
This car has issues and will not sell for the price they are asking , unless the village idiot comes along And buys at that price !!

Their is always a village idiot about .. just have to play the long game , till he/she comes along

DaveyME9

Reaction score
When we decide to have our E9 restored ie full nut and bolt restoration or just the body restored , it's going to be done by the real E9 experts ie
Paul Baker ...if his waiting list is not more than 2yrs Long,
Then Plan B is ..have the work done by Fast Classics, near Horsham England or CLA in Northampton , England

The BMW car club members have had their pants pulled down by the so called E9 experts based in Sussex , Essex area's....England ... we know who these rip off guys/ businesses are !!!
My car (the ink orange one) is with Paul as we speak.. Doing an excellent job getting the car tip-top. Just some of the work.... Panel aligning, new springs (lowered a little), dampers, brakes, 16" wheels, steering rack and pedals correct fitting, correcting other more minor badly fitted parts, adding 3.5 litre black decals decals. Very impressed

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My car (the ink orange one) is with Paul as we speak.. Doing an excellent job getting the car tip-top. Just some of the work.... Panel aligning, new springs (lowered a little), dampers, brakes, 16" wheels, steering rack and pedals correct fitting, correcting other more minor badly fitted parts, adding 3.5 litre black decals decals. Very impressed
Your E9 is in great hands !!!!

Paul is the dapper don on E9 cars in the UK!!!

DaveyME9

Reaction score
So I (well Ramy) now has the car back so I thought I would post a couple of pics of the car. Unfortunately due to Covid, impossible for me to head to the UK to actually drive the thing given the need to quarantine in both the UK and then in Hong Kong upon return. However Ramy says it drives extremely well ( big improvement) and stops properly and indeed Paul said its quicker than a standard CSL given the additional 500cc (M30B35). I will consider increasing the power further changing the cam to a 282 Schrick but that's for another day. We debated and played around with the ride height a fair bit. In the end I think we got it about right although its subjective ultimately. Perhaps some spacers on the rear may have given in a slightly meatier look but overall I'm pleased. Black front grill, removing front bumper and the 3.5 decals certainly give it a more imposing look in my view, added to the 16" wheels and tyres.

Now I just need to drive the bloody thing!

Attachments

• IMG-20200623-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20200623-WA0014.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG-20200623-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20200623-WA0019.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG-20200624-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20200624-WA0005.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG-20200623-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20200623-WA0021.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG-20200623-WA0038.jpg
    IMG-20200623-WA0038.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG-20200623-WA0039.jpg
    IMG-20200623-WA0039.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 127
  • BMW CS Million 07 (7).JPG
    BMW CS Million 07 (7).JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 148
  • BMW CS Million 07 (11).JPG
    BMW CS Million 07 (11).JPG
    478.9 KB · Views: 138

Theinkakeeper

Reaction score
Yes, having took it for a blast yesterday, I can confirm it drives very well.

Looking forward to enjoying it in this lovely weather!

Ramy