RHD CSL in Cumbria

rlambert

Reaction score
It's not for sale.

The guy that owns it also has a genuine Batmobile and he bought this car for spares.

Looks like the body is too far gone to salvage.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
A proper photo of THAT car
would make a PERFECT calendar foto
for us (few?) remaining "car guys"

---better than a hudson pickup with marigolds in the bed!

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The pictures of this car makes me sick to my stomach... How could someone let such as awesome car sit outside and collect rust. It unfathomable. If this were mine, it would have been in the garage years ago with the hope of a future resurrection

bernardo

Reaction score
cant help feeling bad about this poor beauty...a real crime, how come somebody do this....to abandon this is like abandoning your own child...totally unfair to BMW, to design, to all of us

Like the saying...."the way you treat your stuff is the way you treat yourself"

E9Aus

Reaction score
Show it

Shame it's not an original CSL or Bat, it would have made a hell of an "unrestored original" show car - maybe would have got even more interest than a restored Bat at shows. They have categories for cars like this at some shows now.

Motorhead, is it confirmed by VIN that it is definitely not a CSL / Bat?

MarksE9

Reaction score
Wheels

I see. It's just that I saw a set recently very similar to these on a 3.0CS(No black paint in the centre and apparently no markings). How would I identify them as genuine?

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
They will have alpina cast into the centre where they would have been black originally. Also in the back on all the genuine ones i have seen there has been a number engraved into the space between the holes for the studs - no idea what it means though.