RHD CSL on UK EBay

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nash: What about converting this to LHD?

Normally I'd say forget it, but at the right value differential cars get changed between LHD/RHD all the time. Witness all the E-types and XK's that have gone back to the UK and switched to RHD). I think there's a bit of a hit on desirability/value, but perhaps only 15%?

If one could get a nice RHD CSL for say $45k and spend $20k to convert ... that seems like a reasonable proposition.

There was a very pretty CSL for sale in Australia a few years ago (Fjord) that was converted to LHD. That one also had a full cage fitted and looked like it would be an exceptional track day and street masochist machine.

John

Polariscsl

Reaction score
I think the UK market on its own will push it above the equivalent of $45k! I would buy it for £30k if it is as good as it is described - and I'm not even looking for another! They have been shifting for upwards of £45k recently.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Normally I'd say forget it, but at the right value differential cars get changed between LHD/RHD all the time. Witness all the E-types and XK's that have gone back to the UK and switched to RHD). I think there's a bit of a hit on desirability/value, but perhaps only 15%?

If one could get a nice RHD CSL for say $45k and spend $20k to convert ... that seems like a reasonable proposition.

There was a very pretty CSL for sale in Australia a few years ago (Fjord) that was converted to LHD. That one also had a full cage fitted and looked like it would be an exceptional track day and street masochist machine.

John
If you convert a LHD car to a RHD , the steering "memory " of a 40 year old car will make it crash*. ....at least that's the case here in OZ where we drive upside down .

*( not necessarily true )

Nash

Reaction score
LHD to RHD

John,

Sorry, I don't know the answer to the particular question on changing from LHD to RHD, maybe somebody else has done it? I would think if doable your $20k would make it happen, that said the other part of your equation is the tough part........a good one at $45k :)

I agree with Polaris that if its a good car it will do better than that, even a RHD in the UK. Then you have shipping duty etc....it would be nice, but I don't think realistic.

What I do think is realistic is leaving it as a RHD, why not, you keep the value, there is no problem brining it in to the US and it is always the CSL it was supposed to be, therefore no discount for the change.

I would have somebody check the car though, it has obviously had some changes throughout the years and the fact he mentions waxoil in boot is worrying. There is a possibility that it is Waxoyl in its purest sense or it may be somebody using a generic term for a boot full of black gunk, ie undercoating.

Pictures are not great, but trunk is out of alignment and seat material is wrong, beyond that its tough to tell condition.

Good luck to anybody thinking of buying, its a great color.