RHD CSL UK

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
And the rest !!!!
I have seen this car in the flesh , looks the dogs bllx , closer inspection it needs money spending on it.
15k I would need to spend on it, to be happy with it ....

Let the fun start !!!

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure it is 'missing' the Petri - from what I have seen quite a few of the rhd csl's had the standard wheel. My car no.146 did when it went to be restored and I have seen a number of the <200 vin RHD csls with the normal wheel.

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
I work locally to Brooklands and popped over at lunch today to have a nose about, as this is the punchiest auction guide price I have seen on a CSL, and it does look so very good in the photos. No joy however as they wanted £30 for a glossy catalogue, and I didn't want to nose about that much! I only got a glimpse before the bouncers turned me out ;-)

Odd as I've just walked into Historics' auctions before now.... maybe it's because it's at MB world?

Mine is no. 182 and has the Petri, not so say that it's original though

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The auction house has put a very low estimate on the car to gain interest ...
They will only let that sell , if hammer price reaches 120k

Drew
You own Pete brown Csl ...now ...

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
yes, I understand my E9 is well known on the CSL circuit .....although technically it's mine now

hate to be pedantic! ;)

I've been following the auction fates of a number of CSLs this year, as I was in the market to buy. I've viewed 5 auction cars this year I think, and bid on 3 of them. I noted that they tend to be guided low (50-70) and then sell for very good money, well above guide. This one is the first one I've seen with a (potentially) realistic guide.

With the big caveat that I did not get up close to it, and going on the photos alone, I reckon this will go for top end of guide, but probably not above guide (95-125).

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This car did not sell for 148k, then dealer dropped the price to 138k, a lot of potential buyers viewed this car , no buyer found !!!

Now it’s in the auction house ... I hope this car sells for 125k plus at hammer price !!!

I have found certain buyers will only purchase from auction houses only ,
certain buyers from private sellers only ,
Certain people from dealers only
And some from all of the above ...

It’s all good fun !!!

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Drew

I was told it hit hammer at 124k plus commission .. total price just over 136k... great result that .
I heard it’s new home is going to be in Malaysia