RHD genuine 3.0 CSL

jkyle69

Reaction score
How much would you expect to pay for a genuine RHD 3.0 CSL in standard condition (not a wreck but not concours)?

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Post up some pics - is this your white one?

Yannick will agree I am sure in that the rhd cars being rarer in number when new than the LHD cars are of course much more valuable. They also rusted more given their likely home since 1972 and as such are now far rarer.

Regards,

Rohan

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
LHD more "common"??

I thought 500 RHD CSL's were built for the UK, which was a lot considering the much smaller RHD market in comparison to the LHD market. It feels like more RHD cars regularly come up for sale there than LHD here in the US. Maybe rarer in absolute numbers but ...

CSLRich

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting original question. The "4-Star Classics" car is £35K and sounds nice but non standard which will put off some people. They just sold another (Chamonix ?) that was listed up at £45K from memory. The Munich Legends Fjord CSL is £40K but needs paint and other bits and bobs to get it top notch. There was one on pistonheads about 6 weeks ago that was also around £45K. So with a bit of artistic generalisation, the dealers are looking for around the £40K mark (give or take £5K) for what I'd call "nice" cars but not perfect. Bookend that with the £20K I paid for my Verona CSL earlier this year, straight and historied but she hasn't run for a while and needs some work and at other end of scale Nuttley listed a low mileage minter at £60K which has now sold.

It's true that Uk were relatively blessed with 500 RHD models but www.howmanyleft.co.uk list only 41 taxed and 26 off road SORN-ed, which ain't a lot ! I'm sure others survive but the climate here did them no favours in '70s, '80s and '90s !

Beemer70

Reaction score
I think the 4 star classsics CSL was sold - according to pistonheads - offered 28k but they did not bargain from 35k. Think was solid restoration if not original but was badly presented with flat tyre/battery/missing trim etc.. and car looked ugly for an E9.

ML CSL seems average condition - needs work to get it to 'good'! Seems solid quite good car though - if willing to spend money - maybe worth 30k as is??Needs work all round and full respray - Hard to evaluate prices as RHD CSL's are rare as you have shown.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My rule of thumb from a few visits to London is that prices in the UK are similar to prices in the US except that they are in British Pounds.

So if a LHD CSL is worth X dollars, then a RHD CSL is worth X pounds.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i find that true about most things in London. a drink might be 8 pound, but that's $15.25 to us (depending on the day). go to a restaurant that has a similar outlet in NY, like Bar Boulud ... and its the same number (price) with the difference being the value of the pound + buck.