RHD manual steering box conversion

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Fred,

thanks for the heads up on that. Have you got yours yet? Do you know anyone who has had a set fitted? The ones in the Uk made by Fritz bits are supposed to clear the steering box but one member (Gazzol) had them fouling the steering shaft.

Regards,

Rohan

fredp

Reaction score
Hi Rohan

I'm waiting on them now, hopefully I'll have them in a week or so and will report back on the fitting.

Fred

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Hi Fred, I've made some enquiries for my csi with this company and just stumbled across your old post ...wondering how the headers turned out re fitting , performance etc ?
Cheers, Simon

Polariscsl

Reaction score
I contacted them early this year and they were out of production due to them needing a re-design. I gave up and had some better ones made.

dj_efk

Reaction score
Rowan,

How come you're switching to a manual steering setup? Funnily enough I'm looking to do the opposite as with 205 section front tyres the steering is too heavy at low speeds!

Cheers

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Rowan,

How come you're switching to a manual steering setup? Funnily enough I'm looking to do the opposite as with 205 section front tyres the steering is too heavy at low speeds!

Cheers

I had a brief discussion with the US distributor of this product but never followed up. Thought you might find it interesting. The PS will add a fair bit of weight over the front wheels.

http://www.ezpowersteering.nl/index.php?p=2&lang=us

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dj, just seen this - hope you are well. My steering box was past its best and for a csl I think lighter and simpler is better. Yes its heavy with 205 tyres but I don't drive it everyday. Ill go back to 195s when i get weaker!

I have a spare rhs nos manual steering box I can part with if anyone is looking to do the same.

Rohan

Polariscsl

Reaction score
Hi Rohan,
Is that the low ratio manual csl derived steering box you have? If please pm me what you want for it!
Cheers