RHD Windscreen wiper sweep

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Firstly I appreciate that a lot of owners cars rarely see the rain but has any one else noticed how poor the swept area is on rhd cars?
The blade comes nowhere near the top of the screen at vertical, although at parked the end of the blade is only a few mm from the edge of the screen.
Any ideas on what could be done to improve this poor design fault as the position you need to contort yourself into to be able to see is only doable for a couple of minutes

Cheers. John

gazzol

Reaction score
Unfortunately John I don't think there is anything that can be done with out modifying the body work because as you pointed out the wiper is all ready at the edge of the screen so to fit a bigger wiper you would have to shorten the linkage and move the hole it protrudes through. Get some Rain-X, it needs to be re applied after a while but you don't need wipers at all when its on.
Gary

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Hi Gary,
I think I found a simple fix, I got some Bosch replacements with a clip to fit on the original stainless arms that increase the swept area. The original blades were 370 mm and the replacement ones are 480 mm still with plenty of clearance to the edge of the screen. The gap between wiper and screen edge was much more than I thought so this should make a bit of difference in visibility, judging by the weather today I won't have long to wait and see.

Cheers. John

inovermyhead

Reaction score
IMG_2192.JPG
New bigger blades vs the old ones

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This discussion made me check my stock blade holders, 16" or 406mm. Your photo shows a 2002 style wiper blade with straight tip.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
The old blades are really to small to safely do the work on a rhd car hence the the change, but I will keep the old ones for now as I think for showing the car at events I will swap them over.

Cheers John

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The obvious solution is to make the wiper configuration asymmetrical to favor the driver side. The Honda Fit exemplifies that:
https://goo.gl/images/WpgwSH

Looks like the driver side can be extended a bit on the bottom and top sides of the RHD but cannot match the Honda Fit sweep beacuse the RHD is not quite a mirror image of a LHD.