Ride to Telluride

gwittman

Reaction score
If you want some really exciting views you can take Black Bear over the mountain from Ouray to Telluride. That does require an off-road vehicle with a skilled driver. Not recommended for anyone with a fear of height.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you want some really exciting views you can take Black Bear over the mountain from Ouray to Telluride. That does require an off-road vehicle with a skilled driver. Not recommended for anyone with a fear of height.

About 35 years ago, when i tried to take that drive from Ouray to Telluride in early July, the road was still closed due to snow drifts!! Never got back to take another shot at it!

Gary

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for that tip! I am just back from doing Ouray to Telluride and back on a couple of ATVs. For extra thrills my ATV started leaking air in one of the front tires right around 12000 ft. I tried to drive down fast before it lost too much, but could not. Fortunately other outsdoorspeople on Jeeps are like an army of Don Lawrences traveling with repair gear, and one of them had a compressor to get me some air mid way down. Great area to spend time.