RIP Mark Starr

Redrumm3

Reaction score
Apparently he passed away suddenly in the middle of this BaT auction. I did not know him, but he was a big proponent of coupes 10-15 years ago, when a good one was 30k. He had vision and appreciation for coupes. And Lotus. Very sad. Live every day to the fullest.

I am sorry to hear this news. I won a BaT auction of his for some BMW M4 GTS wheels back in July. He was great to deal with and we had a long conversation about BMW Coupes and 2002's.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i spoke to Mark many times over the years - he bought a 74 sienabraun coupe out of NOLA that i considered buying, but didn't. one of the good guys. RIP
thanks for posting this Scott ...

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, one of the good guys from the good, no, let me say better old days. Spoke with him a number of times over the years. Wishing his auction car at the time of his death doubled his reserve and elicited 150 positive comments from e9coupe members and other CMW Classic lovers.

Steve

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very sad news, I've talked to Mark a couple of times over the years - conversations were always longer than intended. Great guy.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mark was a regular at the Caffeine & Carburetors in New Canaan Connecticut & would usually drive something interesting from the HRM inventory.

His obituary says his passing was unexpected as he was visiting his sister in Florida February 14th.

Heartfelt condolences to his family & friends.