Reminds me of a 1971 Mopar color typically called butterscotch I think:

193199_ef3f63e385_low_res.jpg

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great buy Tony, beautiful car!
Thanks Joe!
I will send you more pictures of her ! The previous owner took really good care of her.
It is automatic like yours. It has AC which I plan on making it run again. I will keep you posted!

Last edited:

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Reminds me of a 1971 Mopar color typically called butterscotch I think:

193199_ef3f63e385_low_res.jpg
Thank you! I know exact color you are talking about! Ceylon is a bit richer .. I never liked it much before... but now the more I look at the car the more I like the color!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice car. Sounds like an exciting purchase experience.
Yes, rather unusual experience ! In auctions like this you seldom see the owner. I was expecting more people Intrested in it too. I guess I got lucky. Will keep everyone posted!

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Per my original post, not the best auction/fit for this car= good place to buy.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Per my original post, not the best auction/fit for this car= good place to buy.
I agree! I think the previous owner, at 86 didn't know what is the best way to sell the car and picked a classic car auction that was near him geographically!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree! I think the previous owner, at 86 didn't know what is the best way to sell the car and picked a classic car auction that was near him geographically!
Well bought indeed!! Just looked at the listing and the sale price. A bit of a disconnect for a car this lovely and original. Anyone remember Joe Andrioitti(sp) and his Ceylon coupe. I met Joe at two car shows and kept in touch, bought some parts. A prince of a man. He was restoring an Alpha when he died. He was a meticulous perfectionist and an engineer. A winning combo.
Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I saw pics of his coupe, I knew David Kim too who I think also had a coupe and old MBs.
I know a Doug Kim through a former coupe owner, Richie Brown. He was original owner, sold it a couple of months ago. Sometimes a daily driver in NYC.
Quite a character. Doug owned a coupe and now owns a MB. We went to a show at Leigh High University in Bethlehem PA. Among others there were
three!! 507s. Are we talking about the same Kim?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oops, I meant Doug Kim. He helped me with a 190b I think, saw him selling parts on eBay last year and reached out to him.