Road Trip to the Festival of Cars in Bend, OR

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Last Saturday, my buddy Dave (in his 1985 euro 635csi w/dogleg) and I hit the road bright and early to attend the Festival of Cars in Bend, Oregon. It was about a 350 mile round trip all in one day. It's a beautiful drive over to Bend; giving you a mixture of a mountain passes, lakes, high desert,etc... Six plus hours in my coupe made me really appreciate the 5 speed, ipod ready Alpine, and the Recaros. Not appreciated; no cruise control, no cupholders, and non-working air.

There were about 160 incredible cars with British cars being featured. My coupe was chosen as one of a handfull to cross the stage where Keith Martin interviewed each of us about our cars. We had a great time at the show and on the drive.

Here's some pictures of the show, all taken with my Iphone. I hope you enjoy.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd295/biology_book/?albumview=slideshow

Last edited:

alanmcg

Reaction score
nice

good pics, your car looks great. curious why you removed the dot markers on the front and not the rear? removed when did body work to add spoiler?

im asking cuz am right now having my rear dots removed (same time as other min body work on rear), and would love to know if there is some easy way to delete the fronts without repainting the whole panel (wishful thinking im afraid).

tia,
alanmcg

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I mainly left the rears because they are lit and therefore serve a purpose. The fronts had to come off because they were so ugly and looked redundant next to the turn indicators; they really look like a complete afterthought on any coupe.