Robert Downey Jr's E9

hj9

Reaction score
Haven't found much info or pictures on it other than it was built by speedkore for sema. Interesting car, the belt line trim and spoiler made from wood!

Dl8Srk0W4AAbMM-.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it’s cool. It looks super comfy on the inside. I don’t think the belt-line is wood. It is probably just a water transfer onto the aluminum.

0885B955-750F-4E65-9429-7D87C62797D3.jpeg
95CA8290-536C-456C-932C-A8A12B2270BD.jpeg
3B174E4A-B6AA-469F-96DD-3C8A75629CF1.jpeg
6D101D60-A164-4759-833F-CC3BC6F10725.jpeg
A39492B4-6658-45A6-8698-F15E8DFD6296.jpeg

hj9

Reaction score
Thanks for the interior shots. While i'm not so sure about color combinations and choice of wood, i'm glad someones gone down the path of singer style restomods for these cars. I'd love to finish my interior like this one day.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Saw the car when it was at Mario's place. I'd call it Unique and cool rather than tasteful. But I totally respect making a car unique to your personal vision. It's not like E9's are rare and irreplaceable, relatively speaking. If someone did a restomod on one of the original Alfa BAT concept cars ... Now That would be criminal.

John

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love this! I may have gone with a different color wood to better match the leather, but I dig that it’s ‘in your face.’ My only beef are the wheels are a bit out there for me. The execution of the console between the seats is outstanding.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Pretty unique! Excellent craftmanship.

Surprised they kept the original HVAC system. Since going full custom, I would have ditched it and gone w/a VintageAir unit and have the AC blow through the front vents (only the top front vents; OEM AC front vents redundant and I would have put a double DIN radio there).

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Odd....I was at SEMA and I didn't see this car. I bet it didn't get done in time.

I want to see that popup radio!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it is neat, but really don't like the automatic display on the dash. Funny how celebrities need custom this and that

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I wouldn’t do it, but I like it. I wonder what auto they put in. Is that just a passenger “oh shoot” handle? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one there. Looks like a special request for a particular passenger. I’ll need to figure out a seat heater for my wife—that’s all she wants on cars and I can’t stand them.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Plenty of after market seat heater kits out there for partners who want bum warmers. Don’t laugh but I’ve always found sheepskin seat covers to work well in winter.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it looks more like a set of interior renderings / photoshop (in some images) than it does pictures. for instance, the wood on the steering wheel -