Rocker covers

damienh

Reaction score
Yes that makes sense.

What about any debris already in there ? would you just not worry about this and spray the stuff in anyway ?

And any rust that may be lurking in cavities, I don't suppose the wax would have any rust inhibiting properties ?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge / common sense.

gazzol

Reaction score
damienh said:
Yes that makes sense.

What about any debris already in there ? would you just not worry about this and spray the stuff in anyway ?

And any rust that may be lurking in cavities, I don't suppose the wax would have any rust inhibiting properties ?

The only way to get out any debris would be to remove the rocker panels so I wouldn't bother if they are not suffering any corrosion.
So to answer your question yes just spray it in and plenty of it :lol: seriously though do put a lot in but do it in stages, several light applications being better than one big one. The reason is that it is quite liquid till it sets so you dont want it all running out of the drain holes, a day in between coats or longer if possible.

Providing you buy a quality product:-

Yes it does have rust inhibitors in there so once the rust is encapsulated its in a state hibernation.
Another property is that any moisture present (even in flaky rust) is displaced. You have to see this to believe it, try it on a piece of wet rusty steel, spray it on and watch doplets of water forming on top of the wax.

gazzol

Reaction score
damienh said:
Yes that makes sense.

The only way to get out any debris would be to remove the rocker panels so I wouldn't bother if they are not suffering any corrosion.
So to answer your question yes just spray it in and plenty of it :lol: seriously though do put a lot in but do it in stages, several light applications being better than one big one. The reason is that it is quite liquid till it sets so you dont want it all running out of the drain holes, a day in between coats or longer if possible.

Providing you buy a quality product:-

Yes it does have rust inhibitors in there so once the rust is encapsulated its in a state hibernation.
Another property is that any moisture present (even in flaky rust) is displaced. You have to see this to believe it, try it on a piece of wet rusty steel, spray it on and watch doplets of water forming on top of the wax.