Rocker panel moulding, where to source?

mane

Reaction score
Walloht & Nesch does not have them and when contacted, they did not have any idea when would they have them again. No sellers online or anywhere. Any pointers, where to source these? Or maybe diy something?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
talking about just the long chrome strip? Or the panels too?

The former, I probably bought the last set of BMW ones like 5 years ago.

mane

Reaction score
1636568798512.png

this one ^

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The long shiny "spear" is a decorative part that installs over the black cover. The cover starts near the pinch weld, includes openings for the jack points, and extends upwards to the bottom of the door. Said another way, if you are looking at bare rocker panels, and you want to cover them, you need two pieces.

mane

Reaction score
Yeah, I need the moulding / trim / spear / rail .. many names for that.. that is attached to rocker panel.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Last time I looked the moulding pieces are not reproduced and are NLA from BMW.

You can buy the stamped steel rocker covers new.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
The 'Chrome' part (actually anodized aluminium) is NLA. One side was for sale up to a year or so, the other side has not been available for a while. (part#s are ...559 and ...560).

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I've noticed the sill trim on my e23 has very similar profile but too long for the e9 (shorten?). I once read here that the e24 sill trim is appropriate length. If you have zero trim you might consider looking at those. Good luck.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just a slight note on the W&N parts: they are NOT exactly like the BMW parts. The BMW parts are handed: Left is different vs Right; it's appearent when looking at the rear wheel well ends.
The W&N parts are identical at the ends.

Perhaps this info is only for the purists (nerds? ) amoung us....

If you have nothing today, or busted ones with ugly screws through them, these are a great option!

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a rough set that could be repaired and the trim pieces in about the same shape. They are BMW OEM and are a 5-6 on a scale of 10. I am out of town till the 3rd of October and can provide pictures then.
Regards, Jon

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
should have asked Chris ... didn't know you had been looking. perhaps i missed a post

i think these were made by our friends in Poland. i could be wrong, i just remember that somebody started making them.
That was two years ago, things have changed.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
oops, i missed that. i bought the last pair from W+N of the original BMW trims when i was going to restore the ceylon that ended up in Bob Beverly's hands ... that he sold out from under me and never refunded my money. sore subject