244.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_6083.jpeg
    IMG_6083.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6081.jpeg
    IMG_6081.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 126
Great photos.

I'm in the very first stages of my '70 2800 restoration, and it's really cool to look at a wide variety of vehicle photos to get ideas for my project.

The side chrome, running lights and "fender deletion" is a very interesting look. My 2800 is a Series 1 vehicle and does not have the chrome trim.. just a body line like the 2500 models. I am thinking of deleting the running lights to make the car's appearance similar to euro models.

Did you do anything to the suspension to adjust the ride height rear-to-front? Perhaps it's the rocker to airdam line or the way the photos were taken on the freeway, but it seems you have a very subtle hot rod rake? Maybe 0.5" to 1" or something very small..

Based on the c-pillar design, you have a '72 or '73?

Great photos.

I'm in the very first stages of my '70 2800 restoration, and it's really cool to look at a wide variety of vehicle photos to get ideas for my project.

The side chrome, running lights and "fender deletion" is a very interesting look. My 2800 is a Series 1 vehicle and does not have the chrome trim.. just a body line like the 2500 models. I am thinking of deleting the running lights to make the car's appearance similar to euro models.

Did you do anything to the suspension to adjust the ride height rear-to-front? Perhaps it's the rocker to airdam line or the way the photos were taken on the freeway, but it seems you have a very subtle hot rod rake? Maybe 0.5" to 1" or something very small..

Cheers.

North American e3s had strut spacers added to the front to follow north American bumper height laws at the time. No need for them and they lower the front end for what I believe is a nicer ride highly.

Attachments

• IMG_6575.jpeg
    IMG_6575.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 41
Great photos.

Good eye! 1972

Thanks so much for that spacer photo vanbavaria!

I guess I read the suspension section of my blue books quickly and missed that detail... but I'd say that spacer thickness is somewhere between 0.5" and 1.0" which jives with my original guess. Removing that spacer definitely creates a very subtle rake from trunk to hood; that's definitely on my mod list now.

BTW, I dig those original chrome windshield wipers with the "aero flair" near the wiper rotors...

Thanks so much for that spacer photo vanbavaria!

I guess I read the suspension section of my blue books quickly and missed that detail... but I'd say that spacer thickness is somewhere between 0.5" and 1.0" which jives with my original guess. Removing that spacer definitely creates a very subtle rake from trunk to hood; that's definitely on my mod list now.

BTW, I dig those original chrome windshield wipers with the "aero flair" near the wiper rotors...

Just be sure to saw off some length off the strut studs (actually think it was only one that needed it) before you close the hood the first time!

20240817_193224.jpg
I caught a terrible picture of you rolling out of the Checkpoint meet the other day while I was up from Seattle with some friends who had cars in the show. I should have said hi!

View attachment 187890I caught a terrible picture of you rolling out of the Checkpoint meet the other day while I was up from Seattle with some friends who had cars in the show. I should have said hi!
To bad amigo that would of been great to meet. I didn’t realize it was mostly a JPN meet. They waved me in anyways . I’ll be coming down your way this coming up weekend actually. BMW Club of BC is doing cruise down.

Back