Roof for Sale - '73 Sunroof + Pillars

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have a rust-free, filler free, operational sunroof skin with corresponding A & C pillars cut to specification. It's a manual sunroof and includes the headliners (which needs cleaning or vinyl paint at a minimum) and the rigid sunroof headliner piece. Manual sunroof.

The going rate on a clean roof skin is $900. Make me an offer if interested. I will build a box with an integrated pallet and the roof will ship freight through a logistics company. Thanks!

Will add pics at the request of interested parties.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow I think I gave my shell away at $600 then. Had sunroof roof, good rear sides, good rear shock towers and one fender was salvagable... what did I do?!?! There was a bit of rust in the roof but the pillars were perfect. The problem was I needed it moved from its location and it was either that 600 or the scrap yard :-(

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow I think I gave my shell away at $600 then. Had sunroof roof, good rear sides, good rear shock towers and one fender was salvagable... what did I do?!?! There was a bit of rust in the roof but the pillars were perfect. The problem was I needed it moved from its location and it was either that 600 or the scrap yard :-(

Yes sir you did gave it away! I understand about needing the space. Perhaps your decision will lead to one more coupe on the road someday.

Coupe king charges $800+ for a fender/quarter and they are about the only shop in the US with spare body panels up on racks. I did a lot of research on the roof before selling and at the time, there were a few others listed and sold for around $900.

The problem is that these are valuable and desirable parts for a small handful of people in need. I understand low supply high demand commands a premium. Hi supply low demand creates a surplus. What about low supply low demand? Sounds perfect except the seller is stuck with a turkey carcass while trying to find a buyer. :D

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes sir you did gave it away! I understand about needing the space. Perhaps your decision will lead to one more coupe on the road someday.

Coupe king charges $800+ for a fender/quarter and they are about the only shop in the US with spare body panels up on racks. I did a lot of research on the roof before selling and at the time, there were a few others listed and sold for around $900.

The problem is that these are valuable and desirable parts for a small handful of people in need.

Yeah I will look at it as an act of benevolence toward the E9 population :) Good luck with your sale!