roof replacement

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Someone from England replaced the roof on his coupe by transplanting one from a parts car (cutting it off at the pillars, etc.). Anybody remeber who it was? Thanks.

Dave B

Reaction score
Roof replacing

Was it not gazzol who posted pics of roof replacement?
I remember lots and lots of clamps, and some bondo / glue stuff...

Have you tried a search?

My brain is a bit fried as I have just spent the last two weeks installing kit and working at the British Open Golf Championships at Carnoustie ( my home town )

Maybe not many golfers on here, but our li'l course was "lookin good!"

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
This method, as opposed to splicing the donor roof in the roof pillars, would be my choice if I had to do it again. This way preserves the shape of the window openings.

I am quite familiar with Bill William's car and the project described in the link above. While drilling out all the spotwelds was tedious, Bill says the project went quite smoothly. He is to get the car back from paint and bodywork any day now.

gazzol

Reaction score
Here is the link.

http://e9coupe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6569&highlight=#6569

drilling the spot welds is do-able arround the front and rear screens however it is a little difficult to locate them in the rain channels. What I did was to cut through the roof down the sides and then use a splitting (very thin) chissel to cut the spot weld and then cleaned up after with an abrasive pad in the grinder.