S52-Powered 1969 BMW 2800CS on BaT

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interesting car.... Looks to be well done, but the pictures are a bit dark to really show much. And not that many pics either....

Would be nice to see sellers try to not win an 'art gallery' prize for their pictures and provide meaningful information instead.
Not to mention there is a pretty good lack of anything of interest that anyone in the "E9 community' would know to include.
The previous BaT auction for this car was 6 years ago. LOTS can happen between then and now...

I'll refrain from commenting on this one... both to say that (picture thing) and other things I have seen.

1969_bmw_2800cs_pass-rear-34-91859.jpg

Last edited:

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Man, that E 36 M engine sure does look like it belongs in there, inspiring.
Agreed pics didn't turn out right, may hurt the auction.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It actually makes sense that the more power the engine has, the less gears you need.
The ZF 3HP22 is 1:1 in 3rd gear, so that is the same as a 4-speed manual in 4th.

Geor

Reaction score
I'll join the crowd regarding the pictures.
This strikes me as an interesting potential daily. I'm no expert (clearly), but why are there roll up winds and what appears to be auto window regulators around the gear lever?
George

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
2800CS's had manual front windows and powered rears. I think you could get powered fronts as an option - but don't know that specifically.

My coupe (2800 flavor) has this manual front/powered rear set up. The console has switch blanks in the front spots that look very much like the swiches for the rear... but they are just for show.

Geor

Reaction score
Thank you @lip277.
Yes my 2800 must have had that option as the power window regulators are in the center stack which operate front and rear.
Most appreciated,
George

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Car looks to have a ton of Bondo. No real discernable body lines and to do all this work to the drivetrain but not touch the rear end? Engine swaps aren't just about jamming a bigger engine in and calling it done. Especially with a coupe...

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hammered at $ 75,500.
Considering the sub-par presentation on BaT and the rest... I think fairly well done for both parties....