Sad day at Double O2 Salvage...

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
E1908291-FD6E-4ED2-BDBB-D2E5EB8EAC21.jpeg
lost their lease and downsizing - never seen so many sideloaders being sent to scrap.

mr bump

Reaction score
OMG. That does upset me to see rare parts ending up as home appliances and will never do their intended job again. Once their gone, there gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is “dirty” metal, with almost nothing to a scrap heap. I got $14 for 480lbs of e9 sheetmetal. They should have had a yard sale before dumping the stuff.

How much for the AC face plate? :D

85D22DF3-ABDB-4B33-A0F6-B8C5AADBB810.jpeg

mr bump

Reaction score
I would felate a vagrant to sort through all those diffs! LOL
Look at all those shafts as Well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
They unable legally to have a big FREE craigslist ad?

You'd have a school of piranhas feeding on those parts.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What a sad sight. Seems there are dozens of buyers of these parts here and on the '02 forum. The dumpster seems much too desperate. :(

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
They'll be lucky if the scrap price covers the transportation cost of the dumpster.

I've been around shops that had to do this before. First it started out as "we'll make this work" and ended in denial that it had to happen. No planning means no time. It could also be that these parts have been on the shelf for twenty years and never sold.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A991659F-3F9B-4AA5-8323-6C3809DCE131.jpeg
They'll be lucky if the scrap price covers the transportation cost of the dumpster.

I've been around shops that had to do this before. First it started out as "we'll make this work" and ended in denial that it had to happen. No planning means no time. It could also be that these parts have been on the shelf for twenty years and never sold.

Correct- a nickle a pound for dirty metal?

I bought 10 from out of the dumpster so that they wouldn’t get melted. Paid a dollar a pound to purchase and deliver to my shop.

stphers

Reaction score
Man if I lived around that area, I'd be over there in a big hurry. Then I could be hoarding a bunch of parts that would probably be in the same place in a few years. Unfortunately, we are all looking for the same good stuff so the left over parts end up like this but it still would not stop me from digging through it all

richn123

Reaction score
I was up there on Wednesday, they said they will be relocating to San Jose

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Whoa! Is it still possible to swing by there?? I'm only 30 min or so away...man, that hurts. I used to go there almost 20 years ago with my first 02.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Spent a lot of time there in the early days 25 years ago when I lived in the Bay Area.
They were always great to deal with. I bought a radiator bracket from them over the phone 6 years ago when I swapped my e9 from auto to manual.
Good Luck in the South Bay.

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh, I must be thinking of a different place..the one I went to was in Sun Valley, in Los Angeles...what was that one?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Going back tomorrow....
Coupe doors are 200 bucks.
I’m buying them.

tightbox

Reaction score
Do they have multiple doors? My resto could really use a nice passenger door and a driver's side window! I'm only a few miles away too...