Sad Sight on E-Bay

glenn in encinitas

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can anyone find any parts that are actually in "good" condition on this car? It looks like the gas filler door is still OK!

The M badge on the rear lip spoiler is gone though. Darn! Those are really getting rare on CSLs.

Sorry if my humor offends, it's just that this car is done.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sad CSL day...

I really wonder if the front end collapsed when he jacked up the rear (photo #2). Oops.. Dont bring a trailer, bring tractor with a scraper blade. Or maybe a large dustbin. Maybe we should comission a calender for next year for ferrically-challenged coupes. Like the ones Hemmings had in the past with trees growing out of the sunroof and such... I remember when I first found this forum, a guy from maybe Oregon that had pics of an e9 settling into the topsoil on a farm. A great pic that I wish I'd saved. Quite pastural....like a Turner landscape..
I've got January covered. Just need eleven more. Ten, if this gentleman with the CSL will grant permission to use one of his photos...Dave V. in NC

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
"I spent a solid 7 years trying to purchase this one."

Maybe should have made it 8....

DougE

Site Donor
Reaction score
Csl?

I notice the US DOT lights on the front fender were these sold as US spec cars or was this a Euro car that was imported and then put through the DOT nonsense?

D.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've saved the photos and may post them later in the photo gallery. Maybe we should make note of the VIN so when it comes back up for sale in three years as a "pristine CSL" we'll know the truth! ;-)

Obviously being brokered...

Dan

chicane

Reaction score
I've saved the photos and may post them later in the photo gallery. Maybe we should make note of the VIN so when it comes back up for sale in three years as a "pristine CSL" we'll know the truth! ;-)

Obviously being brokered...

Dan

LOL. Good call. I have to say I have seen some buckets but that is one CSL that is NOT worth saving....

The guy calls this car the "Holy Grail", remember what happened to the dude from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when he drank from the cup he thought was the grail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOajmNKsb5Q

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Too bad, it looks like it was originally "Inka" too. The interior looks to be in amazingly good shape, given the rest of the car.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
wow, that really is a sad sight

This is not a good way to go into the weekend.

Did they drag this thing off the bottom of a lake? I think most of us would have loved to get even one part off that car -let alone the entire thing before it rotted to death. Just look at all the posts here from people looking for Petri wheels, CSL airdams, ducktails, etc. Heck, are those sport seats from an early 70's 911? Damned shame. And it looks like it was originally my favorite color: Inka.

Too bad Glenn beat me to the ///M badge (!) remark.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
This is not a good way to go into the weekend.

Did they drag this thing off the bottom of a lake? I think most of us would have loved to get even one part off that car -let alone the entire thing before it rotted to death. Just look at all the posts here from people looking for Petri wheels, CSL airdams, ducktails, etc. Heck, are those sport seats from an early 70's 911? Damned shame. And it looks like it was originally my favorite color: Inka.

Too bad Glenn beat me to the ///M badge (!) remark.

I know, I had to get my Petri wheel off of German Ebay. Shipping was a bear.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
The key is probably rusted in.

Extensive rust does reduce body weight - aka lightweight.

I must say I have never heard that the instrument bezels were particularly rust prone - this looks like a Katrina survivor (I use the term survivor loosely) - I want to see the Carfax.

On the other hand it is a CSL I can afford.

Thanks for the amusing post - a good hoot when working Saturday.

OZCSi

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how some people just dont know how to present a car for sale.......... I mean most of that will simply be turned around with a cut and polish.

In fact is this an opportunity for a "before" and "after" comparison by a leading car wax company? Or a rust convertor product???I would like to see their face on arrival to demonstrate wonder product.

I particularly like the agressive front stance , if it wasnt such a tragedy, it would be funny. In Australia, our home bred gm and ford products are always rebirthed and come up sooner or later, there are registers for the vehicles that are confirmed as scrap or burnt out,.......it is important. How long till this chassis # is up for sale again...fully rebuilt and rare CSL etc with new everything.

Cheers

nimble_n_quick

Reaction score
Not a problem...

brand.gif

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don't snicker guys, but this "POS" has remarkably generated 5 bids so far. Wonder what the reserve is set at... 20K? Hope these guys are not getting over their heads just because this is a CSL. Coupe restorations, in particular CSL's are not for the faint of hearts or those who don't have bottomless bank accounts.

Last edited: