Sahara 2800cs in Bay Area

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
is it in the "registry" yet?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Appears to be in pretty original condition, has the correct kidney grill and license plate lights for starters. Maybe the owner took care of it? How much is he asking? Once you tell us be prepared to hear it's over priced!

:)

pmansson

Reaction score
very green windows

The windows look greener than on most other (later) cars.
Perhaps just an illusion and enhanced by the colour of the car???
or were they more tinted on the earlier cars???

And for Chris: what did you mean by the correct grille?
Just the early, all alu, model or something else?

pamp

Reaction score
Front strut spacers

Interesting to see the spacers on the top on this car as well. Hope this does not hide rust, as I have a "bimmerbros" car as well and was curious on an earlier post. It does seem to make sense as to a "sandwich" sans strut brace, to provide added beef and an effective means to lower the nose, a common compaint. Evan, do you do this as "drill" when you prep a car for sale? As a side note,
a decent starter car for the price unless she reveals major rust.

Last edited:

jmackro

Reaction score
Interesting to see the spacers on the top on this car as well.

I think this was a pretty standard way to lower e9's. By retaining the spacer - of course now installed at the top - the bolts did not need to be shortened, and the acorn nuts could be retained.

..a decent starter car for the price unless she reveals major rust.

I concur. The car seems very unmolested: no speaker holes in the door panels, no aftermarket wheels or seats, looks fairly original underhood, etc. $13K seems quite reasonable, assuming the rust-prone areas check out.

TodB

Reaction score
Bbros

Typical warnings about Bimmerbros apply which have been discussed in the past. If you are interested, have this coupe checked by a reliable and knowledgeable third party and not the place that Evan recommends, i.e. Topline.

If all checks out the price seems reasonable.