Sat. 7/19 OC Drive From Cars & Coffee to Beer Brats &amp

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
SoCal Drivers!

Firstly, a big thank you to Mike Pelly, Tom Rakestraw and Andy Wong for putting together a really great route for us to drive. Everyone's early support is really helpful in building our SoCal Vintage BMW community, and these fun drives leading up to the October Meet. As you may know, Ron Inchausti at Coast Motorwerks who is having his annual open house at the CW shop in Huntington Beach on Saturday 7/19 and Ron graciously said he would love to have a line of vintage BMW's pull up midday when the brats are coming off the grill.

We'll all meet at the Cars & Coffee at the Ford/Mazda campus in Irvine, 7905 Gateway Blvd, Irvine, CA 92618, anytime after 7AM (Don't expect me there at 7!) and head out of there 9-9:15. First ones there need to fight off the Porsches so we can park together! Go to http://www.socalvintagebmw.com/WarmUpDrives.html and click on the OC Drive link. Once the map loads, click the 'show all directions link' on the left side and voila, road map with direction. Should have done that for Angeles Crest. Live and learn.

Ron needs to know how much food to order and such, so anyone who wants to go must confirm by the end of this weekend, so I can let Ron know just how many crazed and hungry vintage cars and drivers will show up. We want to be considerate guests, so we need to respect his request. Please do not say you're going unless you fully intend to.

So, please let me know at your first convenience. Email me at [email protected]. LOVE to see the OC and SD E9ers out in force. Thanks again guys.

Jeff

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ok, Drivers.....

I'm going to have to give Ron I a headcount by Monday, but I wanted to find out right now those of you that are definitely in for next Saturday. Mike Pelly and Tom Rakestraw have been making a strong effort to generate interest in the drive down in OC, and if we get a commitment of 20 cars, we can reserve space in the front lot in Irvine. The E9 guys in OC are stepping up and helping to build this vintage BMW community - brilliant!

Once we have a hard number we'll finalize the route(s),as there has been some discussion about getting to Ron's a little earlier to participate more in his event and not just show up and down his brats and beers - a valid point. We want to give Ron's event the respect it deserves. More on this later, but we leave a choice to either go up the 73 to shave some time (30-45 min and pay a $4 toll)for those who feel it better to get there earlier or keep on the coast route for those who are ok to get there later - probably 10:30 the latest. So, just email me - [email protected] - and let me know you're in and COMMITTED, and I'll pass on the info. I'm already cooking up the Malibu Drive.....thanks again!
Jeff