Saw this racing CSL on Ebay

uter

Site Donor
Reaction score
Saw this listing on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...5&_trkparms=65:-1|39:1|240:1318#ht_500wt_1478

1973 CSL it is belived that this car was converted in Germany by Alpina (the badge showing number “046” is still on the dashboard) in 1973 and was then raced from 1974 on in Group 4 specification. At some time (probably in the early 1980s), the CSL was imported into American and sold to an owner in California. On his death, it passed (via an Estate sale) to the last owner who raced it for about twenty years. It has the two-valve 3.5 liter engine, now on Weber carburetors and the correct Getrag 5 speed close ratio gearbox and is running and driving well. I do not have any proof of its racing heritage in Europe unfortunatlly.The car was raced in Vintage races in the mid-west up untill a few years ago.

[/img]http://i19.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/27/29/3d62_1.JPG
http://i18.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/27/29/3cf3_1.JPG
[/i]

chicane

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure you did....mister one poster. :lol: :lol:

uter

Site Donor
Reaction score
chicane said:
Yeah, I'm sure you did....mister one poster. :lol: :lol:

Easy now.

I'm just an observer of all things e9 since I started looking for one a few months ago. Since I don't yet have an e9, all I do is lurk and look for cars for sale. So, when I saw this one, I assumed the members of e9coupe.com would be interested.

I won't post the e9's I find for sale on bimmerfest, bmwcca, autotrader, ebay, roadfly (well, there aren't any on roadfly for 6 months) or hemmings if you don't want. Truthfully, I thought it a good idea to consolidate the e9 listings. Posting the eBay listing is no different than the posts about a CSL on BAT.

So, sorry if I sound defensive, but I've always tried to post with care and tried to contribute to other BMW forums I belong to.

So thanks for the big welcome, chicane.

chicane

Reaction score
uter said:
So thanks for the big welcome, chicane.

You're welcome. You might want to introduce yourself and contribute a little in the General section before providing links to ads. Besides everyone here hits eBay at least 10 times a day.

MichaelP

Reaction score
As long as we're being persnickety, let's get it right. It's a homophone (you're, your) error. Homonyms (mine, bear, left) share spelling and punctuation but mean different things. :roll:

uter

Site Donor
Reaction score
Re: post...

dave v. in nc said:
Welcome Uter! Believe it or not, we are happy to have you around. We'll find a car for you....Dave V. in NC

I appreciate the Tarheel welcome! I miss the gracious nature of north carolinians that I came to know when I was an undergrad at carolina.

pamp

Reaction score
CSL

Can't we all just get along, where is the love? Here is a car that I would "bringatrailer" for v.s. the big bucks road going CSL we have been posting opinions about. I am a bit of a newbie myself, don't post often as I travel an outrageous amount throughout the year. I had not seen this car advertised,
and do not monitor ebay, so thanks. Fuel to the fire, who among us would not love to see this car in the home bay? Looks like the real deal. Alas, the $75000 start bid price is bogus. The true asking price is $155000