Scam EBay listing

Ohio Jon

Site Donor
Reaction score

GBE9

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just reported it but i doubt anything will be done. Looks like an Auto but listed as manual etc.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
One thing I know for sure is that Pennsylvania is full of tile roofed barns with cobblestone drives.

https://m.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=272018368&mga_d188=DesktopVIPAutomaticRedirect&ps=0

71E2BB39-94F6-4EF1-8D74-79E4AABDA2BF.jpeg

Euro plates anyone (see the van)?
3217B284-A875-4B89-81E7-E82B02929E03.jpeg

74257CA9-65E8-4635-999D-16B0EBC5E23E.jpeg

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As an aside, that really is a stunner of a car Rust is non-existent from what I can tell

Fabulous looking car. I'm tempted to bid on it even knowing it's a scam! :D

I don't think I have seen the color on a coupe before, and I love it! It looks like an old Aston Martin color rather quaintly named 'Elephant's Breath Grey'.

Speaking of Astons, about 10 years ago an old DB4 of mine was listed fraudulently on eBay. I had a hell of a time convincing eBay that I wasn't selling my car, especially at 1/10th of its value :rolleyes:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Fabulous looking car. I'm tempted to bid on it even knowing it's a scam!

Create a fake account and bid it up to the sky. After you win it would be interesting to see how they try to scam you. The seller says "My account was hacked" yet the auction is still active. If he responded through eBay he has access to the account and auction, which he could then end at any time.

bnoxious

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how high the bidding goes on this "no reserve" auction.

The eBay account owner can still communicate with a smtp/imap email response without logging in with their user/pass. They will probably call into Ebay when they have the time to get it resolved.

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fabulous looking car. I'm tempted to bid on it even knowing it's a scam! :D

I don't think I have seen the color on a coupe before, and I love it! It looks like an old Aston Martin color rather quaintly named 'Elephant's Breath Grey'.

Speaking of Astons, about 10 years ago an old DB4 of mine was listed fraudulently on eBay. I had a hell of a time convincing eBay that I wasn't selling my car, especially at 1/10th of its value :rolleyes:

I love that color. I tried looking up info on it, but there isn't a ton of info. Do you know how I could I get a paint code for it? Thanks!

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I love that color. I tried looking up info on it, but there isn't a ton of info. Do you know how I could I get a paint code for it? Thanks!
Hi Stephen,
I did find the paint code in my Spies Hecker database. The mix below is in the Spies water base system.
Cheers!
Dan
122718dm1.jpg

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Stephen,
I did find the paint code in my Spies Hecker database. The mix below is in the Spies water base system.
Cheers!
Dan
View attachment 57404

Thank you! When I get to painting my E3, I feel like something a little different than the polaris might be fun..but not a huge difference. I haven't sprayed the water based paint yet, maybe I'll get a quart and play a little first..lol