Search content with TAGS. (Please read)

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
It was recently suggested by Rob (coupesport) that we take more advantage of the tagging feature on our forum. For those of you not familiar with tagging, it's a way to identify content with a specific keyword or words. For example, if you're installing carpeting in your coupe you might use "carpet" "floor" "wool", etc. as keywords so other users can search those words and find the content easier.

I've made a few screen shots to help explain the process.

Add TAGS to your post:

search tags content.jpg

Use SEARCH TAGS on navigation bar:

search tags.jpg

Search by keyword or from keyword list:

search tags page.jpg

Check to see if thread already has tags:

search tags location.jpg

tag icon.jpg

Last edited:

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great tip Dan!

Although I am a bit puzzled to see that the 2000cs has a lot more content than the 3.0csi or the 1973 3.0cs...

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Can this forum get even more awesome (with Dan's tips here)?! As a Newish Member I am blown away with the content and cooperation.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Question: Is there a way to add tags after a thread has been started? For example, I start a thread and suddenly remember "Oh, I should have added tags". When I go into the Edit window, the Tags field is no longer visible.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Question: Is there a way to add tags after a thread has been started? For example, I start a thread and suddenly remember "Oh, I should have added tags". When I go into the Edit window, the Tags field is no longer visible.

It's easy to miss. Once the thread is created you Edit Tags next to where the tags display.

edit tags.jpg

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Excellent. And if there are no tags there to begin with, the interface is a little different from your pic. It just says "Add Tags" in tiny type.

Thank you.