Searching for automatic transmission ZF 3HP22

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Last year I offered one for free to a guy here looking for one, package it up and got a shipping quote. The buyer balked at $163!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
$450 for an old slushbox? Somebody's drunk the happy juice.

Cheaper than the hundreds that aren't for sale. :) You would think that these would be easy to find! Perhaps they are all at the bottom of a lake...

911rcr

Reaction score
I may have been a little hasty in my reply. Whereas I do have 2 transmissions for an e9, I see that are seeking a ZF 3HP22.

I have a ZF 3HP20 that I removed from my 1972 3.0 CS in order to swap to a five speed. This was working well before removal. I have everything with this transmission, including the torque convertor, plumbing to the radiator, the radiator itself, the selector switch, etc. These parts (other than the radiator itself) are packaged and ready to ship. (I had a buyer back out of a prior transaction).

The other transmission is a Borg Warner 65. This transmission was acquired along with a large stockpile of parts. I do not know anything about its history.

Hello Ohmess,

I know this is an older thread but wondering if you still have the automatic gear selector from your conversion? I have a ‘74 auto that was upgraded with an M30 from a 1990 735i by La Jolla Independent and looks like they used the selector from the same car for some reason. Looks out of place. Im up in Leesburg BTW and always up for meeting a fellow E9 owner! Thx!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I have all those parts around here somewhere. You are seeking a part attached to the outside of the transmission, correct? I ask because it sounds like the appearance of this part bothers you on a regular basis, and not everyone checks the appearance of the underside of their car on a regular basis. (I'm not saying there is anything wrong with checking the appearance of the underside of your car on a regular basis, if that is your thing. I merely want to find for you the correct part.)