Seat Chrome Strip

jarrod ingleton

Reaction score
6e960ea4d86c2fa51f579ffa2b092104.jpg

Hi All
I am about to have my seats redone and was thinking it would be great to replace the chrome strip that wraps from one side around the back and down the other side. Mine are really pitted and scratched. Can anyone please advise if they are available new or of a second hand set in top condition available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's aluminum. You can sand and polish it. They only come up used by way of core seats, in similar or worse condition to yours.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I actually have these for 2 seats. Not perfect, but look better than those in the pix. IF you get in a bind and want pictures, please send me a PM with your direct email and I'll send pix (I must send pix before 8/16, or after 9/20. Be away almost all the time between those two dates).

Gary

jarrod ingleton

Reaction score
I actually have these for 2 seats. Not perfect, but look better than those in the pix. IF you get in a bind and want pictures, please send me a PM with your direct email and I'll send pix (I must send pix before 8/16, or after 9/20. Be away almost all the time between those two dates).

Gary

Hi Gary
Great thanks. How do I PM you for pictures etc. keen to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you decide to sand and polish them I would suggest you take them to a local Anodizing shop and have them protected . Anodized Alluminum surface is much more resistant to scratches !! furthermore you wouldn’t need to polish them ever again! Cost should be very minimal i would venture to say less than $40 for two seats . The end result shininess/brightness would not be as original but will look very good and consistent for interior trim.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, most anodizing shops (even small ones), don’t want to do or touch small one off jobs. They rather concentrate on doing production work.

nathanegger

Reaction score
I’m doing the same.. any secrets on sanding and polishing? What supplies did you use? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jahan

Reaction score
I sent mine which were really bad to a shop in Michigan and they came back close to new condition. Let me know if you need the info
Jahan