Seat Rail

Jahan

Reaction score
My passenger side seat rail was lost in upholstery shop. Does any one know if seat rail from other BMW models work with the original 1972 passenger side seat?

Honolulu

Reaction score
That's for the upholstery shop to fix. I expect a seat rail from the E3 (Bavaria) sedan will also work. Possibly from an E12 or even an E28. Production years of those run into the early 1980s, so they are getting hard to find. Someone on the list will likely pop up with one or more.

You have to tell us whether the missing rail is the inboard one (closer to the center of the car) or the outboard one (next to the door).

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My passenger side seat rail was lost in upholstery shop. Does any one know if seat rail from other BMW models work with the original 1972 passenger side seat?

Early e10, 2002, 1800, 1600, etc seat rails will work. They must have the notch in the front similar to the e9 rails. 20190418_092713.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey Jahan - I have a set of seats I was arranging to move (Tom gave them away for free), but the really cheap shipping we had arranged fell through and the buyer doesn't seem to want to pay for alternative shipping.

You can have the rails, if you take the seats.