Seatbelts / safety belts - Can you help?

dj_efk

Reaction score
Guys this forum is proving to be so invaluable at the moment - Thanks for all the people who have contributed to all my questions so far - I will definately be posting pics of my car when it's finished!

I'm now concerned with the setup of my seat belts - On my car (a UK 1969 2800CS) the front seat belts are fixed (not inertia reel / retractable) and the way they are mounted behind the *rear* seats means the belt basically intrudes on the rear seat passengers!

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how to mount more modern, retractable seat belts for the front seats? Obviously it's not as easy as most cars as there is no "B" pillar above the windows and I can't see any mountings on the lower part of this pillar.

Any help appreciated.

dj_efk

Reaction score
Guys this forum is proving to be so invaluable at the moment - Thanks for all the people who have contributed to all my questions so far - I will definately be posting pics of my car when it's finished!

I'm now concerned with the setup of my seat belts - On my car (a UK 1969 2800CS) the front seat belts are fixed (not inertia reel / retractable) and the way they are mounted behind the *rear* seats means the belt basically intrudes on the rear seat passengers!

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how to mount more modern, retractable seat belts for the front seats? Obviously it's not as easy as most cars as there is no "B" pillar above the windows and I can't see any mountings on the lower part of this pillar.

Any help appreciated.

Malc

Reaction score
On my old bucket the front belts were of the inertia type. The reel is mounted
below the rear side window mechanism just behind the B-pillar, and behind the trim.
It then comes up through a slot to a sort of hook come loop which again is bolted to window mechanism / trim.
The other end bolts to a point at the base of the b-pillar.
It's a bit of an after thought
I have attached a couple of photographs from when I was taking the car apart - yes it's a long time ago before I had a digital camaera :roll:
HTH
Malc

scan0004.jpg

Malc

Reaction score
On my old bucket the front belts were of the inertia type. The reel is mounted
below the rear side window mechanism just behind the B-pillar, and behind the trim.
It then comes up through a slot to a sort of hook come loop which again is bolted to window mechanism / trim.
The other end bolts to a point at the base of the b-pillar.
It's a bit of an after thought
I have attached a couple of photographs from when I was taking the car apart - yes it's a long time ago before I had a digital camaera :roll:
HTH
Malc

scan0004.jpg

dj_efk

Reaction score
Thanks Malc, was this a late car, say after 1974?

I wonder whether my car has the mountings at least?

dj_efk

Reaction score
Thanks Malc, was this a late car, say after 1974?

I wonder whether my car has the mountings at least?

Malc

Reaction score
It is a 74
I do have a very rotten 1972 car for spares.
If I get the time I can look in it to see what's there and take some pictures

Malc

Reaction score
It is a 74
I do have a very rotten 1972 car for spares.
If I get the time I can look in it to see what's there and take some pictures