seats...

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Would someone reading this please help me to identify the maker of the seats here...are these CSL replicas (scheel)

interior-1.jpg

IMO these seem a very good improvement and the interior on this car is
really nicely implimented ... not too fancy, cloth and leather, not too un-get dirty able?

Cheers!

Ran

Last edited:

pmansson

Reaction score
They look very good as you say, and comfortable too, with the thigh support.
I happen to like the Scheel seats for their comfort, but it´s a personal taste.
Looking forward to hearing more about these?
Is it your car, or just a picture....

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
@ran - Scheel (Scheel-Mann) was the oem for the csl seats. Check out the Coupeking link and comments below, one of the photos shows the label up close.

@pmansson - the photo is a reversed one (turn a rhd into lhd) that daicos35 posted in the gallery. The seats in the photo have less bolstering than the ones that I'm familiar with, like mine (attached photo) or the ones in Peter's inka CSL (http://www.coupeking.com/product_id-389.html). Then there are the ones with even more support, like Alvin has in his project: Jabberjaw or in the Cain 3.8. I think mine are comfortable, but they're not currently installed.

AFAIK, these reclining Scheels were never factory installed -- if anyone knows different, please correct me!
Also, does anyone have a comprehensive photo/description comparison of the various models that they could share? I'm thinking something along the line of what you'd expect at the end of a catalog.

Attachments

• 001_1crop.jpg
    001_1crop.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 103

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for those postings...!

IMG_2910+Medium+1257716925.jpg

Some of the Scheel seats I see for sale have very high bolsters and seem very difficult to enter and exit...plus
my experience shows that wearing hip=attachd cell phones means that they tear off the belt clip with some regularty...to the contray the seats above appear to be just right...

Found the Scheel-Mann catalog here:

http://www.greiner-gmbh.de/e/scheelmann/GreinerScheel-mann2006.pdf

Cheers!

Coincidently I am invited to visit the 'King' on the morrow and I will see what is there to behold...Does Peter charge for just looking?

Last edited: