Seeking good condition 3.0CSi in RHD

E9Aus

Reaction score
Hi All. Still looking for a decent 3.0 CSi in RHD drive form.

Would prefer to locate one in Australia but happy to import if the price or car is right.

Not looking for concourse but also not looking for a project car either - I want to drive her immediately.

Would appreciate any leads. Definitely prefer RHD.

Thanks to all in advance.

Aussie3.0CS

Reaction score
Silver ones

There are 2 silver ones being sold by Alvin in SA that are reasonable on carsales.com.au. I think the manual is more reasonable....

Cheers

Chris
Aussie3.0CS

Last edited:

E9Aus

Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up guys. Have seen the cars on carsales.com.au and there's nothing really on any of the other Aussie car sites so my intention is to dive a little deeper either internationally or non advertised cars locally.

I think Alvin's in South Australia are CS only (though they do look good), and there is one CSi over there being sold by someone else that might be worth a look if he is negotiable.

Any tips on other RHD CSi's for sale either in Aus, NZ or elsewhere would be greatly appreciated.

OZCSi

Reaction score
I do think that the realistic starting point for a good csi in rhd is $22,000 upwards. I think that for that sort of money you are getting a very useable car etc. What sort of $$ were u thinking of spending?

Above all this, best of luck and ask any questions you want.

Cheers

E9Aus

Reaction score
Am looking at around the $20k range but options are slim on the ground I guess.

Being a man of E9 experience, how do you think a 6 and 8 year old will go in the backseat of a CSi?

I'm 2m tall so need the seat right back pretty much.

mark

Reaction score
i just bought a nice, well maintained (lots of history and invoices) rhd cs (auto) in perth for $18k. there is rust at the bottom of one a pillar (not visible from the outside of the car, but definately there), otherwise it's straight and clean. it's needed $2.5k of work to get it registered on WA plates. i have looked at plenty here and in uk the past year. i reckon $20k will get a nice one landed from the uk (I've been negotiating with a guy there whose car is nicer than mine and could be landed for that but it was too hard in the end with mine (now) for sale 4kms from my house) but I agree it is a tough ask in oz.

pm me for details of the uk seller if interested (was 2 months ago so I suppose is likely gone by now).

mark

alvchua

Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up guys. Have seen the cars on carsales.com.au and there's nothing really on any of the other Aussie car sites so my intention is to dive a little deeper either internationally or non advertised cars locally.

I think Alvin's in South Australia are CS only (though they do look good), and there is one CSi over there being sold by someone else that might be worth a look if he is negotiable.

Any tips on other RHD CSi's for sale either in Aus, NZ or elsewhere would be greatly appreciated.
hi - I listed both my CS's as I needed to make room for a 2002turbo I had just purchased. CS Auto has since been sold - going to New Zealand later this week!
Will be keeping the manual as space no more an issue.
The white CSi being sold by Mark in SA is actually quite a reasonable car - if you are serious about looking - it will be a far site cheaper to get one here rather than bringing one in from UK!
I gather you have been looking for a while and having inspected the white CSi as recently as 6 months ago, I can vouch that it is a reasonable basis to start without having to dump heaps of $$.

Best of luck with your search.

Alvin

E9Aus

Reaction score
Thanks Alvin, yes I have spoken to Mark and his looks quite nice, he's still a touch over where I want to be price wise though and white isn't really my fav colour but it does seem to be in good nic.

I'm keeping has car in mind though.

Cheers

OZCSi

Reaction score
The back seat problem has been well and truly covered off, but I can also add that they are just fine for some touring with kids. It is a very real experience for them as well, compared to say being ushered into the back of our e46 330ci with dvd players.
It is a real family event!!

I am still convinced that you should try and aim for a csi mate, not a cs as the csi's are just so rare out here in Australia. A lot of people will try and scare you about the early injection system, but it really is not hard to master and service , and there is no terrifying costs involved as some would have you think. I just love the utter reliability I get from my injection on my csi , it will sit for a few months at times when i travel and on my return while i am still reaching for the seatblet and just turning the key it will be starting cleanly. One of my other cars has triple 45mm webers on it...............no such luck with starting it first time!

Let me know how your search goes, it is always good to ask for any advice or assistance you need and send me a pm if you need more help.

Best Wishes

E9Aus

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah.. I agree the CSi is the way to go, but I am also glad to hear all agree there's enough room for kids in the back.

I have a couple in mind. Now for the money...........hmmmmmmmmm.