Seeking Pedal Box bushing source and install technique advice

shanon

Reaction score
Gruppe:

Discovered that my car is missing the Pedal Box bushings for the loud pedal and need to source and install. Box is in the car and seeking wisdom on the install 'technique' (ie: approach from above or from the interior foot well?) and a parts source. Ultimate question: can these bushings be installed while pedal box is in the car?

1709831378394.png

Found these bits at Pelican: are these what I need?

1709831926586.png

Ultimate question: can these bushings be installed while pedal box is in the car?

TIA
-s

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Shannon,
I took mine apart recently (7/72 3.0cs) and mine looked different than what you are showing. Maximilian

shows a part 35414640194 which appears to be available from Maximilian and also from FCP EUro and possible others.

I suspect it will be tough to install in place as there is not much room, but it is worth a try. I have a picture of the side closest to the engine that shows the bushing. I think this is the "easy" side...

throttle bushing.jpg

Last edited:

Ezz

Site Donor
Reaction score
In my case it was not easy to i stall. The bushings are not as soft as they might look.
I installed them from outside/engine bay side. Didn’t try from inside. I removed the pedal, placed the bushings and squeezed them in place using a long m8 bolt (or maybe it was m6) and nut with large washers against the bushings.
I was only successful after I used grease on the bushings and holes. However, not sure if that will damage the rubber so maybe a silicone grease would be safer.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chamfer the bushing …. Or else….

call the shop for a walk through on monday

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did it twice, IT IS A BEAST. And the box was out of the car. Very difficult to do without damaging the bushings. Would not want to do it again. Bushings are quite hard and warming them up a bit or slippery stuff did not help at all. Not sure about Don’s advice but I’m sure it’s good. can’t imagine the pedal feel without them. This is probably not much help, but can only suggest patience and ingenuity. I don’t know how the factory did it. They really pissed me off.

JamesE30

Reaction score
Did it twice, IT IS A BEAST. And the box was out of the car. Very difficult to do without damaging the bushings. Would not want to do it again. Bushings are quite hard and warming them up a bit or slippery stuff did not help at all. Not sure about Don’s advice but I’m sure it’s good. can’t imagine the pedal feel without them. This is probably not much help, but can only suggest patience and ingenuity. I don’t know how the factory did it. They really pissed me off.
Agree completely. It was a nightmare. New bushing definitely seem harder than the originals.
I also used boiling water, lube and had to cut a chamfer into the bushing eventually.
Only additional advice I have is order an extra bushing or two before hand so when you destroy one trying to squeeze it in you’re not stuck in the middle of it waiting for a new bushing to arrive. I destroyed two.

Good luck!

IMG_3213.jpeg