Seeking replacement Brake Master Cylinder - RHD

TRIPPFONTAINE

Site Donor
Reaction score
I need to replace my RHD 72 CSi's brake master cylinder - pt # 34311102812. W & N don't seem to sell these for RHD's. I came across some possible leads but price is outrageous - $500 or thereabouts. W & N sell a clutch master cylinder for €50 Euro - so the 800% mark-up for the brake master cylinder is, if painful...

Anyone know of a more affordable source? It's for a RHD 72 Coupe...

Ian C

Site Donor
Reaction score
Google Power Brakes South Australia. They rebuilt my 2002 boosters, and can rebuild just about anything to as new. Fast, reliable and honest, and an incredible range of parts for old cars. I'm also in Melbourne. regards, Ian

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Have you tried Bill or Ian at IDB in Richmond? If you find a clutch master cylinder for a reasonable price, I need one for my manual conversion, let me know.

rodspock

Reaction score
Tippfontaine,

I had my RHD boosters reconditioned at BHSS in South Brisbane. I am told that a Holden EH booster will also do the job - but I went oringinal. Bill at IDB in Richmond will be able to help you with some Melbourne local knowledge,

Gazz,

I used an aluminium E30 clutch master cylinder, which seems to work nicely. I just needed the correct rod end to attach to the clutch pedal.

I will have my orange car at the McLean Bridge car show at Lakeside tomorrow (Sunday 19th).

Cheers,

Rod