Selling My 1M

rb1971

Reaction score
I've mentioned this elsewhere on the internet but not (so far) I think here. I am the proud owner of a BMW 1M with under 5000 miles. Awesome car as I think most would agree. I had intended to keep it long term, but a Maserati Gran Turismo has come into my life, and I just haven't found myself driving the 1M since that happened. Also, since i live in downtown San Francisco, parking is at a premium. Therefore, I made the difficult decision to sell the 1M.

I'll be posting it over the weekend or next week on ebay, but if anyone here is interested or knows someone that is, I would be happy to discuss (and for other E9'ers would offer the friend price).

Here's a link to a flickr set if anyone is interested:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25295657@N00/sets/72157643856866914/

Apologies if I've put this in the wrong place.

-John

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I own a 1M also. For those interested, black is the rarest of the three colors (I think around 200 of the 740 or 750 made for the US).
This car is one of those very rare instant classics and instant collectibles. One year only. And one of the rarest M cars. There were 5000 e30 m3s brought in, for comparison.
And the thing is a hoot to drive. The ride comfort., clutch, and shifter make it a very easy daily driver. And very well made, very solid. I love mine.
This thing will not go down in value.
Scott

rb1971

Reaction score
Happy to respond to price inquiries by PM, but as this is not a 1M-centered board I thought it would be strange to post pricing here. If folks disagree generally, then I'm happy to post my ask.

Cyrich

Site Donor
Reaction score
John,

Good luck with the sale.

I lucked into a 1M near the end of production and have had a blast with it ever since. The torque is addictive - it truly is a hooligan's machine.

I like to think that my 3.0CSi is the beauty while the 1M is the beast.

Chuck