Selling my Taiga on BaT

Gonzoct

Reaction score
I have put my 1972 CS 3.0 Taiga on BaT. Sad to see her go, but it sure was a great love affair... Thanks for the help and and great reads on the forums!

1639245120934.png

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It's a beautiful machine. I'm curious to know why you are selling & certainly wish you all the best with the auction.

Cheers!

Gonzoct

Reaction score
It's a beautiful machine. I'm curious to know why you are selling & certainly wish you all the best with the auction.

Cheers!
Kids in College, work schedule, I just don't have the time to enjoy it as much as I should. It's the right market to sell. It's a great survivor car!

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Kids in College, work schedule, I just don't have the time to enjoy it as much as I should. It's the right market to sell. It's a great survivor car!

Our second just graduated from UofO, we managed to get them both through school without selling any of the cars. You can do it and keep your baby! :)

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I saw it for sale this morning on BAT, saw that it wasn't posted here yet but figured it was a members car so just waited for this exact posting. Better the owner does it first IMHO. Anyhow, I'm sure you are sad to see it go. I didn't see anything in comments earlier on BAT, maybe there now, but what is back story on getting rid of the injection? Just curious.

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Gonzoct -- Thanks for sharing. I'm agnostic about whether people keep or sell classic cars. We all go through seasons in life & have to make key decisions though some are bittersweet. I just hope the new owner appreciates all you've done to maintain this beauty and hope that it sees many more years on the road. These cars need to be driven, seen, and appreciated as the unique and beautiful combination of automotive art and performance that we love. All the best!

Gonzoct

Reaction score
I saw it for sale this morning on BAT, saw that it wasn't posted here yet but figured it was a members car so just waited for this exact posting. Better the owner does it first IMHO. Anyhow, I'm sure you are sad to see it go. I didn't see anything in comments earlier on BAT, maybe there now, but what is back story on getting rid of the injection? Just curious.
The car never had fuel injection, It has the stock Zenith Carbs.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I met the owner of this car at the vintage car parade that kicks off the Lime Rock Historics Festival in 2018. On Sunday, he showed up to hang out with me and Andrew Wilson and Doug Dolan and Chris Auty. I snapped this pic of our cars parked trackside. Nice guy, and a very nice car. GLWS.

IMG_1291.jpg

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Would never question a fellow owner’s reasons for selling. I’m sure it’s a difficult decision. Selling mine crosses my mind on a monthly basis. But I’ve already sent it to Oregon in preparation for our cross country move, so it stays for a while. It says something about this forum that when a member decides to sell an e9 that hits all the right notes we all feel a tinge of sadness as if we have stake in the car. Illustrative of what a great group we have here.
But wow! Does this car hit all the right notes. Highly original Euro spec, (love that steering wheel) Taiga and the contrast of that beige velour with the black vinyl/leather is beautiful. It may be the best looking stock interior I’ve seen. That’s what stuck in my memory from when I saw this car at Limerock Historics.
Good Luck with the auction. ”it’s the right market to sell” should certainly apply to this awesome coupe.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am curious (for future reference). Is the dealer 1800 Veloce handling the BAT transaction for you as a consignment. Curious as to fees.

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score

Getting a lot of publicity!
Nice logrolling over in the Hearst universe. Would be nice to see some note in the C&D article that they are owned by the same entity. But I guess that knowledge is now assumed...

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Says in the add, the selling dealer acquired car in late 2021?
Nice catch; I missed this. Obviously, the guy I met acquired the car prior to that, and appears to have sold it to this seller.