Set of Alpina Wheels

STLE9

Reaction score
Set of 4 Alpina 16x8 wheels with Good Year Eagle 225/45/16 Tires. They came off an E9 but do not know what else they might fit. Some curb rash, one center cap decal has wear. Have key to locking caps. I am located in CT. and will help in delivery. Shipping will be at your expense but I will assist on my end. See photos....$1750 OBO. Email me please scott @ the third garage .com all one word no spaces.

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 166

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can you run 8" on the front of a CS?

Think the definitive answer is NO. Even with the 7" fronts, the tires are almost flush with the fender lips, so with the 8" rims and tires, they will undoubtedly stick beyond the fenders or on the other side of the spectrum, they will surely contact the strut housings.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
8's and 9's are what came on mine and I put a few miles on them before switching back- no rubbing but it's a whole lot of rubber for a coupe and I prefer the look of a little less wheel and tire myself... correct offset and a taught suspension is critical when running anything over stock dimensions.

I'm sure Ron can verify but I believe these are/were Style 5's available one year only?

Attachments

• 8's&9's.jpg
    8's&9's.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 131

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
8's and 9's are what came on mine and I put a few miles on them before switching back- no rubbing but it's a whole lot of rubber for a coupe and I prefer the look of a little less wheel and tire myself... correct offset and a taught suspension is critical when running anything over stock dimensions.

I'm sure Ron can verify but I believe these are/were Style 5's available one year only?

Nope! These style 5s look like the 2 piece rims that came with the 1990's 5 and 7 series. Don't believe the factory ever fitted 7X14" BBS/Mahle basketweaves, but many BMW dealers during the mid 1970's offered them as an expensive option.

RonP

Reaction score

Yes, those are Style 5s 17x8 & 17x9 et20 and et22. They were available for a lot of different cars, but had different offsets. BMW also made them in 18" varieties, but the set on the car were for the e34 and you were able to use them without hubcentric rings.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Ron, I knew you would know... I couldn't believe it but they fit well and I never experienced any rubbing or binding at all.

I believe it's the offset on this set that made them somewhat unique and why they fit so well- maybe that's the one year only part?

Regards- Richard

Last edited: