SFBay: 71 3.0CS - $25K

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This car sure looks pretty. Has rust per the ad, but not the inner fenders so it seems. Looks like it has an M30B32. It looks like the door wasn't cut to fit the custom speakers.

Act now, the listing has only been up since 6am pacific.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5536976022.html

01414_9o3KDkboULQ_600x450.jpg

EJ333

Reaction score
It looks like it has Colorado plates. Perhaps some of our members from CO might know this one. Mine also had come from CO three years ago.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Does look nice. Is that Atlantic Blue? If so, that's the color mine was when it was born. I like it.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The front bumper rubber over riders look to be from a 73'. I realize they fit on the metal portion no matter what year but if those were replaced at some point, might have had some front end damage. Unless the coupes are different from the E3's, those were 73' only.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is looking at it, check the frame rails for any damage etc. Price seems right regardless, too bad not more pics. Nice interior, steering wheel, color, etc. I lived in Colorado and I do think they salt the roads there, someone might want to chime in on that to verify, may not have been out there long or out in winters however.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
I saw Gooooogout on the 101 North heading that way. Someone get to it before it's listed on Ebay for $50k next week.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is looking at it, check the frame rails for any damage etc. Price seems right regardless, too bad not more pics. Nice interior, steering wheel, color, etc. I lived in Colorado and I do think they salt the roads there, someone might want to chime in on that to verify, may not have been out there long or out in winters however.

Colorado lays down gravel and sprays magnesium chloride. It is still nasty stuff, but I would never compare it to rock salt. That could be that they have to use it significantly less than in the rust belt. As you probably recall, the snow only lasts in Denver for a few days before the 300 days of sunshine take care of it. The gravel kills your paint though. I replaced the windshield in my jeep every season while living there.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Year is wrong, it's a 73, rear bumper has hoops and license lights are on tail panel. It's a metallic paint so maybe a resprayed Nachtblau?

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can't tell for sure, but to my eye, the bumpers look a little too close for a '73. Also, no indication of the shoulder seat belt that usually is hanging down a bit from one side or the other (attachment above the top of the rear windows, and a 'container' for storing if it not in use above the door windows). I'm pretty sure that belt system was unique to the '73's.

VIN should tell us for sure!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In the third photo, chrome plugs in rear bumper because license lights moved to tail panel in 73, rubber bumper hoop covers clearly visible as well. Front bumper guards are unique to 73, can't tell about the bumper irons.

First year in US/NA for a 3.0CS is 1972.