Share you music/ audio equipment

irish guitar

Reaction score
i'm just a guitar player - know nothing about hi-fidelity/vinyl etc. have a sh*t load of guitars, but nothing that i'd consider uber-rare or collectible; many gibson custom shop reissues etc, a few '60's fenders, and a bunch of 80's hotrod charvels/andersons etc. they're tools of the trade for me. i think i probably have about 50 +. if the house was on fire i'd grab the les paul i bought when i was 15; that was the one i learned how to play on, and thus (to me) the most valuable.

now cars, that's whole different subject, and something i get very excited about. but much like hi-fidelity, i don't really know much about them either...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Old school system - not tube, but ...

Bryston 4st amp
Bryston BP-20 preamp
Linn Axis turntable with Linn tonearm + cartridge
McCormack phone pre-amp
Rotel RCD-991 - CD player
Rotel RLC-900 Line Conditioner
Magneplanar MG 3a speakers
Harman / Kardon TU911a Tuner
Kimber Kable silver (balanced) cables

for those who don't know about Magneplanars, there are NO speaker cones, wires sandwiched between mylar along with a ribbon tweeter. very pure / clear sound ... like listening to live music. notice how thin they are in the last pic

1657234386334.png

1657234456171.png

1657234497263.png

1657234540524.png

@Stevehose - love the mcintosh and the les paul custom !!!
@Drew Gregg - love all of the guitars
@adawil2002 - that is one hell of a set of kit

Attachments

• 1657234538585.png
    1657234538585.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Old school system - not tube, but ...

Bryston 4st amp
Bryston BP-20 preamp
Linn Axis turntable with Linn tonearm + cartridge
McCormack phone pre-amp
Rotel RCD-991 - CD player
Rotel RLC-900 Line Conditioner
Magneplanar MG 3a speakers
Harman / Kardon TU911a Tuner
Kimber Kable silver (balanced) cables

for those who don't know about Magneplanars, there are NO speaker cones, wires sandwiched between mylar along with a ribbon tweeter. very pure / clear sound ... like listening to live music. notice how thin they are in the last pic

View attachment 144068

View attachment 144069

View attachment 144070

View attachment 144071View attachment 144072

@Stevehose - love the mcintosh and the les paul custom !!!
@Drew Gregg - love all of the guitars
@adawil2002 - that is one hell of a set of kit
Magnaplanars have an amazing sound stage, great speakers! All of it is great - I'm just a big fan of planar speakers.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
House system -
PreAmp - Rotel RC1082
Amplifiers - CARVER M-200T (bridged mono)
Turntable - Denon DP-30LII
CD/DVD - OPPO UPD-205
Speakers - B&W 803D
Subwoofer - Velodyne F-1200D
Display - SONY XR-77A80J
(This is a 2-channel system)

(the above components have been with me for 20+ years - except the TV and CD/DVD)

I will have two systems in my shop (maybe more that two - who knows) - I have been collecting some interesting stereo items over the years (mostly from the mid/late 70's - the silver faced ones)

I have several Pioneer SX-##50/##80 receivers, TEAC reel to reel and Nakamichi cassette tape recorders and....
I also have a small QUAD system I will use in my office.
Speakers - I have a pair of B&W 801SII speakers as well as couple of pairs of KEF C40 and C75's....
And... a few turntables and other things.
Will be fun to get it all going when the shop is finished and I can set them up....

I don't have any pics of my house system, but I have a couple of the collection waiting for the shop to be finished
20200320_182818.jpg
20200320_182812.jpg
20200320_182801.jpg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I should have guessed the e9 crowd would be audiophiles!! We have a similar thread over on FAQ, but no one has the gear quite like what y'all have posted...wow. I'll snap some newer pics of the pedestrian gear in my possession.

Steve.. why did I not know about the LesPaul? Maybe I did... I do love a black guitar.

Ed Z

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I should have guessed the e9 crowd would be audiophiles!! We have a similar thread over on FAQ, but no one has the gear quite like what y'all have posted...wow. I'll snap some newer pics of the pedestrian gear in my possession.

Steve.. why did I not know about the LesPaul? Maybe I did... I do love a black guitar.

Ed Z
Hmmm, not sure we got to the guitars when you stayed in nola, all time spent on cars :cool:

Ian C

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sure is. Thats an SN, 1960s CIA commissioned miniature recorder. After a few years of being secret they found their way into the film industry.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
isn't this a Nagra? excellent piece of equipment. one of these featured prominently in the movie Diva, back in the mid 80's
Some interesting cars in that movie too. Along with the '54 Citroen 11 Normale "Traction" that is central to the plot, there's a 2000 Touring that shows up in the junk yard in one scene - and lots of other period Euro models.

Traction

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At the shop, we listen to whatever music Chris picks.
Even though four of the workers are under 25- it’s surprisingly good music for the rest of us old people.
Just one thing- no stinking Techno ……

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
NOT mine, but one of my clients is a huge audiophile. He runs a pair of AlsyVox planar speakers. The sound is really amazing.
Alsyvox setup.jpg

The photo is a real estate shot from the home they are selling to move into one I designed for them. The last time I saw this room he had all sorts of acoustic treatments applied (some of which are stacked up at the right). By the way, he tells me the new house costs too much so he won't be able to do enough in the listening room we designed - ha ha. He could sell the speakers alone and buy a very nice coupe. Just sayin'.

I am an old tube radio guy - mostly later '50s early 60's German. Will post some pics later.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a McIntosh hi-fi setup, from top to bottom:

MI-3 tube oscilliscope, shows stereo separation and FM signal strength (1964)
MQ-101 equalizer which matches speakers (1970)
MX-110 tube tuner/preamp (1964)
2 MC-30 tube mono block power amps (1957)
MC-2505 power amp - unused but looks cool (1967)
ML-1C 4-way speakers on original accessory stands - they weigh 70 lbs a piece (1970)
I had every piece re-capped etc recently by a Mc guru.

All my records and Phillips 312 turnatable from high school got confiscated by a landlord in lieu of unpaid rent circa 1983 (he couldn't take a joke) so I run a BluMe hifi DAC bluetooth receiver into the AUX of the preamp. I don't have the energy/interest to get back into vinyl.

View attachment 143779

View attachment 143789

A 1961 Gibson Country Western acoustic guitar with nice patina currently tuned all strings to D so I can learn Suite: Judy Blue Eyes:

View attachment 143780

A 1969 Les Paul Custom:

View attachment 143782

A 1983 Rivera designed Fender Super Champ I bought new in New Orleans, played one gig, had too much to drink, thought it got stolen, was returned to me 35 years later by a fraternity brother who found it in a closet. You never know. Time capsule:

View attachment 143783

Also have a mexican Fender Strat from the 90's I bought for 100 bucks, currently tuned to open G to play Keith Richards riffs, covered in bumper stickers, sounds great but no pic :D

I grew up outiside NYC in the 70's and would buy ridiculous vintage guitars on 48th street for nothin' but sold them all for peanuts back in the day. Similar pattern for cars I've owned as well. :rolleyes:
Steve great job on all of it but I'm still wiping the drool off my keyboard with all your McIntosh equipment....wow. I just redid my old system with a few new bits, nothing like this but sounds great for the room it is in. I'll snap some shots later. Oh, and want to clarify, not McIntosh....I wish....

Last edited:

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Love the old Mc stuff. As you can see, I have to work around kids and limited space (city house), but:
Anthem AVM60 pre/pro
Parasound Halo A52 amp
Rega RP 8 deck, Hana ML cartridge
Herron Audio Phono stage
Rega planet CD
Gallo Acoustics Strada 2 3.1 speaker setup
audio setup.jpg

x_atlas0

Reaction score
So many people have such nice systems, very impressive on the whole.

I have mine hooked up to my PC, as that's where I end up spending most of my time when I am listening to something. (game, movie, music, etc.)

Amp: Sansui 9090
Speakers: Pair of Pioneer 3-way bookshelf units, rarely used
Headphones: Sony MDR-CD3000 and Dan Clark Audio Aeon closed back very early build

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a Bose' Surround Sound and a Profesional Turntable that I haven't set up yet.
I played in a Middle Eastern club for a couple of years and a group I played with back in the 60s cut an LP.
I am Armenian and I love the music but I have to say that Turkish Music is my favorite.
The hand drum in the photo is one of twelve I have.
Anyone want to hear a sample of Turkish music look up music by Baris Manco and a particular song " Daghlar Daghlar ". Once you listen to it you will be dancing with your partner and may even get her or him a Belly Dancing Outfit.

Attachments

• 20220803_064025.jpg
    20220803_064025.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220803_064254.jpg
    20220803_064254.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 57