shawns 3.0 cs back for sale again for 50k

sirshorty

Reaction score
Here is Shawn's e9 again @ a new car dealer in norcal with a newer higher price of 50K. i remember posting it here on the forum when i found it on ebay and it was listed @ 20k CD. Hard to believe it will sell for more than double that but it just raises the price point for our cars and that is a good thing!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/3602601493.html

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
Asking prices are definitely rising. Combing through all the usual sites: Craiglist, eBay, Hemmings, etc. good examples (at least from the pictures) start around $30k. I am amazed to see big bumper autos at those levels.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Some think flippers are a pox on the hobby,

myself...I think more of boils

the worst part is their activities shape (and compromise)

the way long-time enthusiasts interact with each other,

and good cars tend to leave the fold than stay within.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
dp, boils and cankers they are(see above). I really don't care if coupe prices apprreciate, depreciate, or freeze. I have never looked at my coupe as an "investment." Nor do I hope to make money on it. My first coupe came from a widow who sold it to me because she believed I loved her car and would take good care of it. True.

She turned down two other offers because she said they were insincere. I had little money to offer her but she took my offer.

If my daughter can't care for my coupe when I have to give it up then I will do the same as the widow. I won't give it away but will ask a fair price and do backround checks on the potential buyers. What happened to my first coupe? I was taking my young children to the dentist, got distracted, drove into the back of a parked Buick. No one was hurt. Took the insurance money and bought my current coupe. End of story.

Das Echte

Reaction score
Can someone please comment/educate me on significance?

Asking prices are definitely rising. Combing through all the usual sites: Craiglist, eBay, Hemmings, etc. good examples (at least from the pictures) start around $30k. I am amazed to see big bumper autos at those levels.

Big bumper versus what? Racing or custom stuff or versus later year not so big?
I've owned mine since '86 and am always learning.

BTW all, ya, these are not investments but for the passionate - is my opinion. I think it's OK for any owner to always be curious and generally follow what their hobby/baby's valued at though.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Posting gone...
If it was Shawn H's Malaga Coupe, I have driven that car and it is tight, fast, and absolutely beautiful. $50K may be the right price for that baby..... maybe more.
I know that the Great White is easily a $50K coupe now....

Not that I would consider selling!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
See what happens when the last name is not used!
I might be the only Stan but there are (we're) more than one Shawn