Short but sweet

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the silver CSL they refer to was that of Duane Sword who lent his to Larz. I have seen no posts from him in a while. Anyone know where he went? I trust he is fine.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ah, I didn't know what you were referring to until I did some googling. Shameless self promotion - I'm guilty.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think the silver CSL they refer to was that of Duane Sword who lent his to Larz. I have seen no posts from him in a while. Anyone know where he went? I trust he is fine.

Duane Sword is doing well, spending quality time with his family. Still has the coupe and like most of us hasn't been out much.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Glad to know. His car was one of the things that compelled me to purchase an E9.

m73

Reaction score
I like it except this:

'You bought it for the sonorous 3.0-liter, 180-hp fuel-injected inline-six or the world-renowned suspension tuning; it didn't need light-up grilles or gesture control to be desirable'

I wonder how sensitive hp numbers are to car guys? Especially if quoted downward. Guess they are OK with it because it can also be quoted upward -- seems like an important fact IMHO --

200hp on the Csi BTW

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a photo from the 2013 German car day with an M1 and a silver CSL
IMG_0315.JPG

That was the year that I hitched a ride through the gates in one of these coupes (I think TodB's) because I didn't want to drive my coupe down from NH.
IMG_0300.JPG

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If media outlets are doing advertorials on E9's now that tells me they think demand is only going to go one way..