Shouldn't this be worth way more?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is really cool looking! Unfortunate the original interior was remuddled in what looks like the 1960s. If it was restored properly inside & out, I'd actually want to go RVing.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't know why but I feel sorry for it. It looks like the shy kids sitting in the corner.

jmackro

Reaction score
I'll agree that it's a cool bit of history and I'd love to see it restored. But I also agree that $20 - 30K is probably a fair valuation.

Pre-war vehicles just aren't hot anymore. And this isn't something that a wealthy 40-something can buy to gain entry to the Colorado Grand or show at the Greenwich Concours (at least without looking like a dork). Even just making it cosmetically presentable / historically correct would probably take another $20 - 30K. The logical buyer is a museum and most non-profits just aren't rolling in dough.

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Seriously, how much would any of us actually drive which a thing? For local, I’ll always take a classic sports car. For real rving wouldn’t you rather have a modern RV?

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I hope it gets restored to its original Art Deco glory. Correct windows, fender skirts and those wrap around bumpers. It could be really special.
Interesting Hemmings article from 2014:

StevensClipper_21_800.jpg

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
right up @thehackmechanic 's alley!
Overpriced for a starting point but how cool would this be if it could be restored so it ran and stopped and did not stink up the cabin with gas fumes! @Mario L. here is a project!! Take it to Lime Rock
Ok,
if it could tow a 24’ enclosed toy hauler, it would be the coolest transporter at LRP. All it needs is a the turbo diesel setup from the M550d, with a +150 Burger tuning kit.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That's pretty cool, like an Airstream Motorhome!

That’s what I thought—the Airstream sales are crazy right now & it would be a fun pair. Or just think of loading up some of your cars paired with the multi-car Montrose trailer. It’d be the coolest rig around:

954D34AE-76FE-42E2-8F93-EBD0352ED5E5.jpeg