Show Your... Radio(s)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
We should try to keep this thread light in terms of solutioning. The thread is essentially eye candy to spark more in depth threads for a particular install.

Most of the becker and blaupunkt radios can accept an input, which can be a bluetooth receiver. Any radio can drive an amplifier if you use the speaker-level inputs on the amp (speaker wire out of the radio instead of RCA inputs).

I decided to finally take the plunge and get a new radio. I already have an amp. I like the Becker, not sure about the difference between Europa and Grand Prix. I want to set up to work with my amp, with Bluetooth. Not sure if a microphone is an option or not. I have had issues with any in car mics, and ideally prefer the microphone to be used from my iPhone, while speakers in car. Any thoughts are appreciated. Not sure if this unit is still available.

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I bought this radio yesterday...

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2022-03-16 a la(s) 1.24.23 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-03-16 a la(s) 1.24.23 p. m..png
    2.2 MB · Views: 107

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
That looks cool, but if you have AC, looks like you may have to cut your panel. Maybe not to DIN size, but not seeing how the square radio, fits in the OEM hole:

large_3123_1D13F8C9-E4A3-42FD-9FC7-51DE809E9963.jpg

Attachments

• ac2.jpg
    ac2.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 65

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My panel had been cut to a larger rectangular size for a previous audio system. No problems installing the Becker/Retrosound system as seen above. A good car audio shop should be able to figure out appropriate fit & finish. I used La Jolla Audio in San Diego. I can provide details on components used for amp, speakers, etc. if you like. Cheers!
E9 dash parts.jpg

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My panel had been cut to a larger rectangular size for a previous audio system. No problems installing the Becker/Retrosound system as seen above. A good car audio shop should be able to figure out appropriate fit & finish. I used La Jolla Audio in San Diego. I can provide details on components used for amp, speakers, etc. if you like. Cheers!
View attachment 138252
Wow, La Jolla is a great place to own an E9! BTW - love the horn button :)

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's the lack of radio in my E3...

IMG_7572.jpg

The correct vintage radio with knobs that match the others is quite attractive, but...I don't think I'd ever turn it on if I had one. The sweet music of the inline 6 is enough for me. :love: . In addition, I don't have an ugly antenna barb poking out of the fender.

(I wonder how many radio block off plates still exist. Thousands must have been tossed by dealers since there was no market for them.)