Side Marker Lights -Front

richn123

Reaction score
When my car was federalized back in 1985, what they did was to install another light socket in the turn signals to provide the side marketing. You could do his.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
No comments about the blue coupe in the self-service car wash with the power wand that can strip the paint off and leave water in the most miniscule opening? I am shocked, shocked.

I have never been to a DIY car wash with a wand capable of stripping paint. More times than I can count I have held the tip against the paint to remove bugs or tar. Granted, this was on a well used Jeep Cherokee but that only helps my case. Chrysler didn’t learn how to make white paint adhere to sheetmetal until after the 90’s. :D

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I removed my side markers and much prefer the look.

i agree, the PO removed the front ones when he painted the car black. i removed the rear ones recently (along with the front antenna hole) to clean up the body lines ... much happier that way. your red looks very nice, looks a bit different than the standard verona

lloyd

Reaction score
No reflectors on my cars, but to each his own.;)

'72 Momo Mirage
Momo-Mirage_5.jpg

73-Momo-Mirage-DV-12-AI-001-800.jpg

54693dbf0a592_-_amelia-2012-mirage-04-lg.jpg

Last edited:

lloyd

Reaction score
Those generic side markers find themselves on everything.

It is not that I am advocating for the side markers, just that it is not necessarily a sin to keep 'em.

Considering that my 100 LS did not have side markers, perhaps . . . absence makes the heart grow fonder.

HI990061_large-970x613.jpg

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_0917 (1).JPG
i agree, the PO removed the front ones when he painted the car black. i removed the rear ones recently (along with the front antenna hole) to clean up the body lines ... much happier that way. your red looks very nice, looks a bit different than the standard verona

Here is photo that shows a better example of the color. The two previous photos that I posted were taken at an event and not by me. I think the photos may have been edited/filtered.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interesting that the current 2800CS on BAT does NOT have them on the front, but on the rear; just like my car!

1971_bmw_2800cs_15480529688764daIMG_5917.jpg

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anyone who drives their e9 as many miles as Andrew can do whatever he/she wants with the car!

Regarding the reflectors, and of course its all opinion, I think the rear ones are OK, but the front ones do look out of place, especially with the Euro-style bumpers

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my coupe lost its front markers when the PO painted it. while my car has been resting its tires in the paint shop ... the rear side markers fell off and the holes clogged themselves. my coupe also had a front antenna ... that fell under the same fate. it looks so much better without.