Side outer window rail blocks/holders. Are these available anywhere?

Rek

Reaction score
Does anyone make copies as I believe that they are ENDED per RealOEM

The holes in mine are too high. They have previously been reversed T to R and vice versa.

Failing that - has anyone got a set for sale. Numbers 7 & 8 on the attached diagram.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 15.07.52.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 15.07.52.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 214

Rek

Reaction score
It seems they are available from ECS but from the shipping costs, I think they are going to specially charter a private jet.

If I can buy some, is a US based member willing to ship them to me by post at a reasonable rate. I will buy both from the one side as they do look reversible, unless I am mistaken.

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 15.13.40.png

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I do not have a link towards sales, but as these things are made of polyamide (a though sort of plastic), non visible, and easy to machine, it is quite easy to fabricate them.

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I have read that they were reproduced by a member (in the US?) some five years ago. Maybe some old-timers can chime in?

Simufly

Reaction score
I am being a bit slow here, which bit is it you want, the chrome the rubber or the brush seal?

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I have read that they were reproduced by a member (in the US?) some five years ago. Maybe some old-timers can chime in?

I have the same memory itching in the back of my head, I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find it.
Somebody was making these and sold them, probably just a small batch but.. I don't think it was as much as five years ago, I can be wrong.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You could make these out of wood. Just don't want it to get wet and hold moisture. Were you to do this be sure and paint or coat with epoxy.

mr bump

Reaction score
A standard cabinet block fixing will do, any dot store will stock them. Bit rough but a very good second choice.

Rek

Reaction score
OK - I will try the options. Better than $62 shipping or $75 a piece which also seems a lot. I may just fill the existing one with some epoxy and drill it out in the correct places.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Look into instamorph or similar moldable plastics. They are small pellets you mix in hot water and you can mold a shape in your hands.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
It seems they are available from ECS but from the shipping costs, I think they are going to specially charter a private jet.

If I can buy some, is a US based member willing to ship them to me by post at a reasonable rate. I will buy both from the one side as they do look reversible, unless I am mistaken.

View attachment 59388
Please give me a link to "ECS". I assume they sell BMW parts here in the USA. Thanks.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Light reading ,indeed!! I've seen the ECS, Turner, & Pelican ads and emails in the past. I have a business account with the local BMW dealer and that's where I've bought parts for my 2001 X5 for the past 18 years. And recently I had a BMW mechanic tell me about FCP Europarts and that's where I've bought several parts for major repairs. The fact that EVERY item they sell has a lifetime guarantee is amazing. He told me of guys actually sending back used oil poured back in their original containers for new oil!! Thanks for the heads-up about ECS.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have an NOS pair that I’d gladly send if they would help in making new ones, although I think any good used pair would suffice? Not for sale.......

45056AC1-CF81-4AC4-8022-2F343AFF0C25.jpeg
D9F3C74E-2521-4B5F-971B-603C9C9453F7.jpeg

Rek

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help - I have two but the holes are too high and need to be lower. I think a filler might do the trick for me.

Somewhere along the line I think that the curved chrome sections were replaced as they are not a perfect fit. It takes a few whacks with a rubber mallet to get them straight

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Somewhere along the line I think that the curved chrome sections were replaced as they are not a perfect fit. It takes a few whacks with a rubber mallet to get them straigh

Hi Rek,
as Tony mentioned, there seems to be differences in the chrome pieces, no two sets seem identical. I was surprised but he showed a few pairs and they are infact different when even slightly.