Side window draft excluder/brush

Rek

Reaction score
Someone asked me for the link to the articulated brush for inner and outer windows at the rear. I cannot find the thread anymore as it might have has a title about something else.

https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/inner-window-trim-draught-seal-1-metre

It does not say it but this is the stuff. The base is aluminium which hold steel sections in place which is covered by the material. It means that it can be bent around corners for the rear window and stay flat rather than cutting sections out.

I was surprised to find this out, but it might be that all such trim is bendable like this.

So, whomever asked me the question - I was not being rude but scouring my files for the right answer.

I hope this helps.

IMG_4186.JPG

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Rek, thanks, one issue for me was the shipping cost from the UK, I will have to find it closer to home

RTHLSS1

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am searching for side window brush like @Rek posted - NLA on link.

Also I am searching where to buy brush that goes into door chrome trim and into rubber of rear window chrome trim.

45516049_180068082936006_4627256709394464768_n.jpg 45579931_927502334115877_615376759482744832_n.jpg

mr bump

Reaction score
I've got the same situation, I found the rubber T shaped seals but couldn't find the brush, so I've used a 6mm thick felt tape and made the metal angle sections myself out of alloy, still using the bius binding material. Turned out spot on and better than the original if I'm honest.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
So I remain confused. Where would be the most reliable source for someone in the US?

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hmm, I too am confused and searching for a solution to essentially clamp down the rubber (using rivets).

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I still remain confused. Has a good alternative been agreed on? Has anyone purchased the Coupeking version? I just took these off yesterday and the felt just fell apart.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
this is rubber hockey stick from walloth nesch and felt over metal strip from Steele rubber. Turns out ok.
IMG_20190207_193417580.jpg
IMG_20190207_193356808.jpg

Rek

Reaction score
These things are very light - I can buy in bulk and send in bulk in a reinforced tube. If members want me to look into it then let me know.

BTW - the W&N rubber parts needed quite a bit if fettling to get them to fit without crimping. Anyone else had issues with this?

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
W&N are 33 euros each and when you add shipping and the need for the felt, the cost exceeds that from Coupeking. So Coupeking appears to be the choice based on cost but still have no idea on function. Anybody?

BTW : Thomas76 which of the links for felt were you referring to in your post "..and felt over metal strip from Steele rubber". Thanks