Sloppy steering

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Resurecting an old thread with a new question. After getting the steering gearbox rebuilt, does the Verbotten screw need to be adjusted when installed onto the linkage or is this set by the rebuilder?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Resurecting an old thread with a new question. After getting the steering gearbox rebuilt, does the Verbotten screw need to be adjusted when installed onto the linkage or is this set by the rebuilder?
From my E24 experience I would not touch that screw unless the fate of western civilization depended on it...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
According to Jay Stratton who rebuilt the box, the "lash adjustment" screw is adjusted as part of his service.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Since this floated back to the top here, - the issue in my case was not steering box or suspension. Just tires that had aged out of useful range. Helped to go back to stock size rims with fresh rubber and has tracked true ever since. Thanks for the all the feedback at the time.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Since this floated back to the top here, - the issue in my case was not steering box or suspension. Just tires that had aged out of useful range. Helped to go back to stock size rims with fresh rubber and has tracked true ever since. Thanks for the all the feedback at the time.
That's what I am thinking my issue is as well. Trouble is, no Cinturatos until this summer.