6-gdub0717 NO - conditional
7-E911 OK
8-Lip277 OK
9-David no answer yet
10-Lens no answer yet
11-Kizilsakal no answer yet
12-LarryE9E10 ok
13-carcrazy not interested

so these are seven pumps, up to now i have collected 9 pumps, and there is a chance of five more that i will know on monday

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that you will get beautiful installation photo essay of how to install your pump properly so that you don't have issues.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
BTW, what are the warranty terms...

hi, thanks for the question

scott, good point !

arde, i do not run a shop, i found a nice spare for my car and i am trying to help my froum friends with this
i do not have the time nor the resources to run a quality check nor a legal department to write down a nice contract ;-)

i am individually checking the pumps, and regreasing them just as i would do for myself
the checking that i carry on is very simple i press the lever and check the suction with my finger, i am not runing a fuel test to avoid fuel inside the pump for those that want to keep it as a spare on the shelf

the price of the pump is even cheaper than what bmw or others offer for new pumps produced somewhere in asia

if i have to offer warranty, i would need to double the price (because as i said i can not make an statistics analysis to know the expected failure ratio in a set, of lets say 8 to 10 series)

anyway i understand perfectly your point, it is good to clarify things, and i thank you again for your question

remark, let me remember that when i found the exhaust tips and i offered them here a forum member said that the tips where available in ebay for half the price, so i immediately offered the people that bought the tips (already not shipped), their money back, well noone asked for that, and one of them told me that the quality of my NOS tips was unbeatable and worth the price because the ebay ones were a miserable fake copy, ...

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
and not the correct length either. The one I bought from you is so nice it hasn't made it on my car yet, it's still on display in the china case in the kitchen! (Wife rolls her eyes)

ebay ones were a miserable fake copy, ...

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Actually I asked in jest, I am not expecting a warranty.

Now DQ, doubling the price means that you expect half of them to fail the first year!

As for manufacturer warranty, is this the same Pierburg that made carbs and went out of business when Bosch came in with fuel injection and had the key patents?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
today

checked today:

1-LuisA yes

2-Arde yes MAIL PENDING

3-BmwPete yes

4-ccr2002 yes

5-steveinreno yes

6-gdub0717, no

7-E911 yes

8-Lip277 yes

9-David yes MAIL PENDING

10-Lens answer pending

11-Kizilsakal yes

12-LarryE9E10 yes

13-carcrazy no

as a summary, we have 10 people confirmed, and 9 pumps

so we only need LENS to say yes or no,and then we finish the list

and on monday i will know if i can get the rest of the pumps needed

please ARDE and DAVID, do not forget to give me your e-mail address

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
another check

finally lens said yes, so eleven people, i need two emails, from ARDE and from DAVID

lets see if with a bit of luck we can get tomorrow 14 pumps, and this way everyone can have one, and at a reduced price too

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, the stash keeps growing.
I am starting to develop a theory...

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
as for the people all is ok now

i am afraid of not getting all the needed pumps, i am sure of 9 pumps, but the next five will be hard to get, well now we do not need as much as five, with 2 more it will be enough

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
and not the correct length either. The one I bought from you is so nice it hasn't made it on my car yet, it's still on display in the china case in the kitchen! (Wife rolls her eyes)

hi steve, it is a beauty, isnt it ?

mine unfortunately is no more in the "china case", but i had to repair the exhaust, the 60mm rear tube is no more available, i liked the contrast between tube and tip, so i painted it with high temp. resistant paint:

300120134855_zps0636322e.jpg

300120134857_zps0d73dc80.jpg

after i installed it with new gaskets, separators and bolts, the sound of the exhaust is awesome, i like to hear it roar in low revs...

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
pumps available

ok, so finally there will not be as much as 14 pumps available, but found only 12,

considering that we are 11 people interested, there are enough pumps for everyone

just to say that if there is someone else out there interested in a mechanical pierburg NOS fuel pump, it is the right moment NOW !, only one available ! (if there is no one interested i will not ask for it)

so, i will send the details by mail to all the people in the list

final price is: 125 EURO (shipment included)

steve in reno

Reaction score
To the other buyers.
I am not the brightest bulb on the tree sometimes.
How do I find out the cost to DQ for the money transfer from Paypal?

"PAYPAL, 125 EURO (please pay for any paypal commision so that i
receive the net amount described)"

thanks
steve

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Make it a "Personal" transfer and they give you an option for you to pay the fee. And of course, select "Euro" instead of "US Dollars"...