So Cal Clean Car Contest

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We all know that HBChris took the Cavanaugh Award but we should not let this overshadow another accomplishment by Gary (bmwmadman) Who took third place in the super clean division.

Congrats Gary!

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Stan. It was a pleasure meeting you.

I'm very thankful that Chris took the Jack Cavanaugh award otherwise I would have been pushed to 4th place and went home empty handed.

flarimer

Reaction score
Pictures please

Soon. I've finished the edits for those images I am sharing with the S.D. Chapter. Once I've downsized these I will upload them to my webpage and post up a link

Also, don't forget about the Huntington Beach Concours event coming up Sunday, June 2nd. We're gotten a class for BMW's set up and would like to see more and more BMW's participating in this event. Believe there is a thread out here that provides more info. Event Registration deadline is this next Tuesday.

Hope to see some of you there.

Cheers,
FLarimer

RonP

Reaction score
Gary's car was exceptional. The field this year was full of extremely nice cars, which were full of e9 coupes. The competition was so tight that most entries were a half point away from winning. So, that being said, Gary's car was certainly not in anyway a distant fourth. Nice work, sir! If I recall, it was dirt underneath your brake master that cost you a half point.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Photo #3 I see Stan in the engine bay doing some polishing - good to know! What are your hourly rates Stan? Clearly you will go from coast to coast to clean a fellow coupe engine bay :)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Concours practice

Photo #3 I see Stan in the engine bay doing some polishing - good to know! What are your hourly rates Stan? Clearly you will go from coast to coast to clean a fellow coupe engine bay :)

Will work for lodging ;)

That was a Ceylon coupe in remarkable good condition! The owner Matt

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Matt Hoffman owns the Ceylon coupe that he bought from Peter T in Sonoma a couple of years ago. It's a 73 in remarkable condition, I am sure some thought the asking price was high at the time but that wasn't the case. His first coupe was bought and returned to the seller as it was not as advertised, it was a rust bucket, it's a shame that some would take advantage of others. A PPI is always your best friend!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There was a pristine Ceylon here on the East Coast in NJ that belonged to Joe Anrioggi(sp).
He died a number of years ago and his wife sold the coupe. Lost track of then. Could this be Joe's. It was a first-place car in any show. Not my favorite color but a favorite coupe.

labcars

Reaction score
pic #7

Are those Carl Nelson's CSL and Z1? I've lusted after his Z1 for some time and hated going over to visit Chris and seeing that that car while my CSI was being restored by LJI. FYI, a pic of mine:

Attachments

• Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 85

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
nice

Are those Carl Nelson's CSL and Z1? I've lusted after his Z1 for some time and hated going over to visit Chris and seeing that that car while my CSI was being restored by LJI. FYI, a pic of mine:

wow that looks incredible