So whats going on in here...

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
P5218136-L.jpg

execmalibu

Reaction score
The radiator is still there so it must be a Turbine Powered E9.

The Radiator is still there so it is either Turbine Powered or has a small Nuclear Reactor.:mrgreen:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In a effort to balance the weight a 1975 VM beetle engine was installed in the trunk. The rectangular box in the front is a beer cooler and the radiator was kept there to refrigerate it.

shanon

Reaction score
....if that pic was taken anywhere near SF, CA - look in some back issues of Classic Motorsports, "Jekyle and Hyde"...for more info IIRC.

An old neighbor's car, real nice.
Drove it. It's sweet.

Of course, if that's 'his' car.....
;-)

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Taylorcom "It's clearly a small nuclear reactor, like those used in nuclear submarines".

I don't think its so advanced as a Nuclear power system--more likely he exchanged his triple side drafts for triple powered squirrel cages with each cage supplied with a backup when his first team animal tires--ingenious--although might slightly affect performance.

We should share this info with Chu--the Czar of our Energy Administration as an energy saving device--you know the one who has gone on record stating that we need to get the price of gas to $ 8.00/gal to be comparable to European prices--to discourage use of oil based energy--even when we have trillions of barrels of untapped resources within our borders. Really clear and logical thinking--eh?

71-2800 CS

Reaction score
Photo

The photo taken was at a 2002 show/swap meet that occurred in Brisbane, CA (a city just south of San Francisco) this past Saturday. There were a handful of coupes. I saw the car there but didn't know what to make of it. I think it had a sign that said 320hp.

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
It looks to be a custom fabricated air cleaner housing for possibly triple carburetors ??? At least that’s my best guess. Now if he had stamped some raised letters in it that said “M power” (not really that hard to do) everyone would be getting excited or at least wondering :shock:. ~ John Buchtenkirch

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My guess is that the car used to have a turbo - notice the red tube coming out of that custom air box, pointed toward the exhaust manifold.

Odd that the coolant overflow tank needed to be relocated to the right side.

Jay the pipe may be the espresso pressure pump, and right side tank is water for the coffee.