So who is doing what in Monterey

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I have brought up peripheral BMW topics in the lancisti board and those gentlemen never had an issue.

Please do eat healthy and exercise so you may live long enough to see me ask for permission on what to post :).

Sorry, all this Italiano Concorso, Montelcino, Barbaresco, my Villa in Antinori talk has my Germano blood starting to boil.......why are you discussing this here? Get on your Alfa sites and figure this shi8 out. This is an E9 and E3 site. Bring a BMW or don't talk about it here. Good for you, go to Consorso Sat. Your going to miss out on some great vintage racing Sat. and Sun. at Laguna Seca. Figure it out, there is a lot to do. Keep the Italian trash on another site. Jay, Peter, no disrespect but c-,mon, you are all respected members here. We don't care about that stuff. I'm glad it's Ferrari's 70th, and a big reason I'm going to the track, but I could care less about them on a lawn...yawn......

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shane must have been having a bad day.
I was having a bad day, my apologies. I love lots of makes and models. But if there is ever a question of watching those fine machines doing what they are built to do, race around a track with other vintage race cars, or go see them on a lawn next door. It's the track any day of the week. It's a great weekend because there are so many choices of things to do, at the same time you can't do everything. Vintage Racing or concours day, track day any day. That's just my opinion. Also, I'm trying to rile you guys up for the rivalries out there, don't cha get it? ;). C-mon....gotta root for BMW. And Peter, that is a piece of jewelry, not trash, just trash talk and stoking the flames a little for the weekend. See you all out there, I'll buy some beers if I offended anyone. Hard to believe it is already that time of year. Feels like I just had my paint chips in spoiler fixed from last year. Man........I'm getting excited though. Leaving at 4:00am tomorrow. Yippie...

Last edited:

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Personally I enjoy learning about board members other passions.

Sorry, all this Italiano Concorso, Montelcino, Barbaresco, my Villa in Antinori talk has my Germano blood starting to boil.......why are you discussing this here? Get on your Alfa sites and figure this shi8 out. This is an E9 and E3 site. Bring a BMW or don't talk about it here. Good for you, go to Consorso Sat. Your going to miss out on some great vintage racing Sat. and Sun. at Laguna Seca. Figure it out, there is a lot to do. Keep the Italian trash on another site. Jay, Peter, no disrespect but c-,mon, you are all respected members here. We don't care about that stuff. I'm glad it's Ferrari's 70th, and a big reason I'm going to the track, but I could care less about them on a lawn...yawn......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tonight was incredible at the Singer event. Great food and about 15 Singers. I like the e9 crowd more though.

Attachments

• IMG_6306.JPG
    IMG_6306.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_6311.JPG
    IMG_6311.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6313.JPG
    IMG_6313.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 78

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rob Dickinson was a class act and really great to talk to. Great passion. We talked about how to get parts made to such a high standard. They are trying a 928 soon maybe. I wish they'd do a CS

Attachments

• IMG_6302.JPG
    IMG_6302.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6304.JPG
    IMG_6304.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6317.JPG
    IMG_6317.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 90

TodB

Reaction score
Tonight was incredible at the Singer event. Great food and about 15 Singers. I like the e9 crowd more though.
You mean you didn't jive with the arrogant and flush Silicon Valley crew who talk HP and torque but drive like sissies? C'mon! Its fun to listen to them try to one up each other. Cool cars and a great event.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You mean you didn't jive with the arrogant and flush Silicon Valley crew who talk HP and torque but drive like sissies? C'mon! Its fun to listen to them try to one up each other. Cool cars and a great event.
I met the guy with the latest Singer to roll off the line randomly in the morning Sat. as he drove through our campsite to visit a friend of his at Laguna Seca and asked what he was doing slumming over here in his Singer. I also asked if he had the new 500hp motor, he said his didn't but I think the next one will. He was a nice guy, I will withhold his name. But I tell all the Porsche guys, they are just not as much fun as us BMW guys/gals because they can't fit any beer in the bonnet and hand them out at events. Just no room. That's where having a nice sized trunk comes in handy! ;)

TodB

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I like Porsches, some of the older ones anyway, just not some of the stereotypical owners, no offense to any owners here. A bit too much man jewelry for me. That all said, I do like the Singers. Awesome colors.